Video Game: Myosotis
Myosotis is a Flash Game from the programmer of the Alice Is Dead trilogy, complete with a theme song by Hania Lee.The setting a Film Noir-ish city where a trenchcoat-and-fedora wearing guy named Rick receives a letter from a woman named Lily, whom he once loved but who left him a long time ago. She fears her life might be in danger, so he rushes to her rescue... and let's just say that things get progressively weirder from there.The following episodes are available to be played:
Tropes found in the game:
- The Alcoholic: Rick.
- Always Save the Girl
- Arc Words: The final dialogue is filled with them.
- Artifact of Doom: The box.
- Body Horror: In the end of episode 4, Lily seems to have mutated into the Flying Spaghetti Monster due to Rick's usage of the Box.
- Destination Defenestration: Rick is kicked out of a window by another version of himself after finally finding an alive Lily in part 3.
- Film Noir
- Gratuitous German: A sign in episode 4 reads "Nein Ausgang", which Rick translates as "No Way Out", when, in fact, it translates as "No, Exit" (particle and noun, respectively). "No way out" in proper German would be "Kein Ausgang" instead.
- Hardboiled Detective: Rick certainly looks the part, what with trenchcoat and fedora, but his occupation has not actually been named yet.
- The Lost Lenore: Lily to Rick.
- Puzzle Game: Especially the later episodes consist mostly of empty rooms where Rick has to solve a puzzle to unlock the door leading to the next empty room with a puzzle.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: "Nothing answers a complicated question quite like simple money".
- Time Travel: According to the scientist, Rick has, in the future, used the box to travel back in time and ram a car into the building where his past self was still solving puzzles.