Video Game / Kid Mystic
is an Action Adventure RPG
made by Hamumu Software
. Originally published by eGames, it was later remade in 2004 with lots of major enhancements to set itself apart from the other Hamumu games of its type. It follows the Kid Hero
as he sets out to collect the Mystic Orbs
that were meant to protect the kingdom of Tulipton from various monsters and defeat Bobby Khan
, who was responsible for causing the mess to happen. Kid Mystic himself will have to rely on his arsenal of magic tricks and assistance from the fairies in order to succeed.
Kid Mystic conjures up examples of:
- Big Bad: Bobby Khan, who just so happens to be an Evil Overlord.
- Bonus Boss: Happy Stick Bat, Happy Stick Corpse, Happy Stick Shroom, and Happy Stick Spider. Each of which appear in one chapter when the sword piece and all the fairies and spellbooks in that respective chapter are collected. They give an exceptionally high amount of cash when defeated, which helps out in purchasing the more expensive upgrades.
- Combat Tentacles: Optimum Octon.
- Doomed Kingdom: Tulipton, after Bobby Khan stole the Mystic Orbs and scattered them all over the place. Unfortunately, the kingdom is right next to the monster wilderness, which explains why said orbs were used to protect the kingdom.
- Faceless Eye: Eye Guys, Oculoids, and the Looky Loo.
- Freeze Ray: The Ice Beam spell.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: 16 fairies, 18 spellbooks, and 4 pieces of the Armageddon Sword. Also the aforementioned Mystic Orbs, since they're mandatory for level completion.
- Heal Thyself: Healing and Life spells, as well as the health and mana potions that exist in each level.
- Healing Factor: Granted for both health and mana from the Soul Pendant and Sun Amulet respectively.
- Heart Container: The Heart Pendant and Moon Amulet count as this, since they double your health and mana.
- He Knows About Timed Hits: The Beginnerton levels in the first chapter, which are coveniently located right where you start.
- Infinity+1 Sword: The Armageddon Sword, which comes complete with some rather potent Last Disc Magic, provided you got all the sword pieces assembled from each chapter.
- Kid Hero: Kid Mystic himself, of course.
- New Game+: Madcap Mode and Challenge Mode, the latter of which requires 100% Completion in order to unlock.
- Our Fairies Are Different: There's sixteen of them (as mentioned above), all of whom serve as Fairy Companions that can strengthen you one way and weaken you the other. Of course, only one can be activated at a time and you can only change which fairy grants you its power (if at all) while in the overworld.
- Playing with Fire: The majority of Kid Mystic's attacks are fire-based (including Insane Rage, which leaves a trail of fire behind).
- Preexisting Encounters: Found throughout the hub-based overworld of each chapter. Same goes for the Bonus Boss in each chapter as well.
- Pure Energy: Energy Barrage/Energy Storm and Seeker Bolt/Seeker Swarm, both of which (and their stronger counterparts) count as Disc One Nukes.
- Recycled In Space: It's pretty much Dr. Lunatic rehashed with RPG Elements and taking place in a fantasy setting.
- Squishy Wizard: Averted, since Kid Mystic's hat gives him as much protection from damage as a suit of armor would for the typical sword-wielding heroes.
- Summon Magic: Summon Ptero and Summon Golem, which both have a limit to how many of each can be summoned.
- Super Speed: Berserk and Insane Rage grant this.
- Taken for Granite: Stoneskin and Steelskin are protective spells that'll turn Kid Mystic's body (yes, this goes for his staff and wizard clothes, too.) into stone and steel respectively, the latter of which is more effective, especially during the later part of the game. Oddly enough, neither of them prevents you from taking action.
- Terrible Trio: The Gruff Bros. Disgruntled, Rammy, and Surefoot.
- Useless Useful Spell: Ice Blast, given it's small radius. Ice Beam, on the other hand.
- Weapon of Choice: His wizard's staff, which unleashes a basic fireball attack, which is fueled by magic orbs (though at least one is needed in order to be able to attack with it) and can powered up by speed gems and a reflect and reverse gem.