Video Game: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
is a Zelda-like action-adventure spinoff of the popular Dragon Quest
series, released on the Nintendo DS
in 2006. It's the sequel to Slime Morimori: Dragon Quest
for the Game Boy Advance
, which was never released outside Japan
, though a Fan Translation
is in progress.
In the quaint, faraway kingdom of Slimenia exists a Monster Town
called Boingburg, which is populated completely by slime-like creatures. One day, almost completely out of nowhere, a mob of not-slimy monsters with tails called "the Plob" swoops in and kidnaps everybody. Everybody, that is...except for you
, a slime nicknamed Rocket. Using your ability to stretch and bounce, your job is to infiltrate the Plob's various hideouts and rescue your friends (all 100 of them
A third game is developing for the Nintendo 3DS
Rocket Slime uses the following tropes:
The first game uses the following tropes:
- Balloon Belly: Dragon Jr. does this during his boss battle.
- Big Damn Hero: The entire town during the penultimate battle.
- Big Eater: While not to the extent of Gluttonella, Bo swallows three cooked chickens in a single bite during the end credits.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting: The game starts off with Hooly turning you into a Platypunk.
- He also transforms you for the Bonus Boss battle against him once you've collected all 100 slimes.
- No Export for You