This female troper is from sunny Southern California... the vapid, personality-less sprawl of suburbia
that is Orange County.
Described by her friends as "that chick with all the useless knowledge who talks funny sometimes
I try to not to Entry Pimp
any show in particular... just whatever I happened to watch recently. My current set of favorite shows are:
Not that you care, I mostly put these here so I can find them quickly, since they don't all show up at the top of the Google search, and I forget the watchlist tab exists.
I usually don't subscribe to this kind of Opinion Myopia
, but if you don't love The Shawshank Redemption
, do not
talk to me.
I used to majorly prowl the YKTTW
, I just had to break the habit
and start focusing my time on Real Life
. I'll still check it out occasionally, but I'm happy to say that my Troping in general is under control, and can be described as a healthy obsession at this point.
open/close all folders
Works/People pages I have written:
Tropes I created:
Tropes I launched (because they were abandoned and/or needed major TLC and re-writing):
Once again, you don't care, I mostly keep this list for my own purposes.
Cat22 provides examples of the following tropes:
For those of you who may have figured it out from all my veiled hints here on the Wiki, yes I used to work at/for Family Guy. I am not Seth, nor do I know him all that well, but he always seemed like a pretty cool guy to me. And I fucking hate FOX.
- Berserk Button (The American Conservative party in general, but the move to ban gay marriage is a big one.)
- Ptitles! I FUCKING HATE ptitles!
- Blizzard Entertainment (I work here... and yes, it's as awesome as you think it would be.)
- Cluster F-Bomb (I swear like a sailor, I can't help myself. I went to a Catholic School for 12 years, I'm trying to make up for it now.)
- Dis Continuity (Firmly believe that you can pretend embarassing moments never happened, as long as you don't forget the lesson you learned from them.)
- Fiery Redhead
- Grammar Nazi (As family members will attest to - "It's Alice and I, not 'me and Alice'!")
- Lumper vs. Splitter (I'm an unabashed Splitter, unless I don't care much about the trope, in which case I'll advocate Lumping. Hey, no one ever said life was fair.)
- Middle Child Syndrome (Oh SOOOOOOO much. I'm such a doormat, I even gave my car to my brother after he crashed his. Twice.)
- Mixed Marriage (Happily Married to an Asian guy, while I am white. Typical reactions to this range on a sliding scale of "meh" to "dude, good job, Asian dudes never land white chicks". Interestingly, the video game industry I work in sees an extremely high rate of "white guys with Asian girls", and nearly ZERO relationships in the other direction.)
- Only Sane Man, prone to much Deadpan Snarking.
- Serial Tweaker (I'm really bad at this. Check out my own page history.)
- Strawman Political (They're real... and I'm surrounded by them.)
- Wedding Day (My first husband was totally hungover... and it was hilarious! I will always find this funny, no matter what happened between us. See next entry.)
- Woman Scorned (When my ex-husband cheated on me, I wrote up our divorce papers such that he only took '[his] car... and whatever [was] in it [at the time]'. The judge chuckled. Lesson: Don't cheat boys. Be a man and break up with her first. And girls, go for an Asian guy next time.)