- Actor Allusion: Sarah Michelle Gellar plays a character in "Call of the Dead". Now her looks, personality, and fighting style... where have I seen that before? Oh, right.
"YOU JUST FUCKED WITH THE WRONG MEXICAN!"
- If she runs out of ammo, she might comment on being a black belt in taekwondo. Which is actually true.
- Danny Trejo wields... uh... Machetes.
"This must be a nightmare!"
- Robert Englund in the trailer.
- All-Star Cast: Call of the Dead features Robert Englund, Danny Trejo, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Micheal Rooker.
- Hey, It's That Voice!
- Steve Blum is Tank Dempsey.
- Robert McNamara is voiced by Robert Picardo.
- Nolan North is Richtofen.
- Tom Kane is Takeo.
- Fred Tatasciore is Nikolai.
- And for the "Call of the Dead" map, we've got Robert Englund, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Danny Trejo, Michael Rooker (Merle Dixon), and a cameo by a zombified George Romero.
- As of Black Ops 2, we've got Scott Menville as Marlton.
- What Could Have Been: Later averted, actually. Kino der Toten was the final World At War Zombies map, but by that time, Modern Warfare 2 was very close to release.
- Word Of God: Actually pretty averted. The creators usually don't have a lot to say if anything at all on the story.
- Kevin Sherwood did once imply an analysis of We All Fall Down was pretty spot-on; meaning the song was in fact from Maxis' perspective, retelling his conflict with Richtofen and his suspicions about a hidden evil behind the scenes of it all.