- Fan Community Nicknames: The series has an interesting case in which the fans refer to themselves by whichever faction in the books they identify themselves with. (Dauntless, Erudite, Amity, Abnegation, Candor). However, sometimes "Factionless" is used as a general term for all of them, based off the name of one of the fansites. The common overall term is "Initiates".
- Working Title: Played for Laughs when Allegiant received the working title Detergent.
- Dawson Casting: 18-year-old Four is played by 28-year-old Theo James.
- Dueling Movies: With The Hunger Games series. Both films were adapted from a book and distributed by Lionsgate. These films are about a girl in a dystopian world defying, and eventually opposing, the system of their society.
- Hey, It's That Guy!:
- Playing Against Type: The main villain is being played by Kate Winslet, primarily known for playing romantic leads. She also tends to do a lot of period pieces, so a movie set in a dystopian future seems out of place for her.
- Sleeper Hit: Ever since The Hunger Games came out, other young-adult adaptations flopped, and this was expected to follow suit. It didn't, and proved to be a profitable film with a big $50 million opening and helped strongly boost sales. It's saying something when a movie based on one of the most lucrative children's franchises in history flopped just by going against it.
- Star-Making Role: This film shot Shailene Woodley to superstardom and put Theo James on the map. Ansel Elgort was also an unknown prior to this film, but his true star-making role had yet to come.