- Tris, after the Amity drug her to calm her down.
"They must have given her too much of what?" he says."You have a nice voice," I say."Tris," he says, "please be quiet."
- "Four, if you and your friends would like to remain... Untouched by our serum, you may want to avoid the bread."
- When Tris learns that her father' original faction was Erudite and he was a childhood friend of Jeanine, she begins to wonder how he would turn out had he not transferred to Abnegation: he and Jeanine would wait for the bus together, play together, and read books together while sitting in the cafeteria. Then she says it's ridiculous.
- Tris lying to an Erudite woman in the restroom about how she is an escapee from an experiment gone wrong in the next-door building, which ends with the woman running away with toilet papers still sticking on her feet. Tris declines to inform her.
- Uriah volunteers to replace Zeke in the expedition outside Chicago so he can...please everyone with his looks. Zeke is not amused.
- Made funnier as Tris previously described Zeke as looking identical to Uriah, except that he's a bit taller and bulkier.
- A Running Gag in Allegiant is how everyone has to point out how awkward it is seeing Johanna hold guns. Even Evelyn.
- Christina teasing Tris about Four in Allegiant.
- How easily Amar is lied to about Tobias' true intentions to go back to Chicago in Allegiant may induce a few laughter, as the reader might think such a convenient plan would fail due to the series' record of having a plan fail to work simply because the villain has prepared for an alternative. Nope, it works perfectly.
- When Tobias enters the Erudite headquarters after a few weeks outside of Chicago, he sees that Jeanine's gigantic poster has been repaired and put back on...except with red "X"s drawn on her eyes. Just imagine it.
- From The Movie of the Book:
Peter: You're not gonna shoot me.Tris: Why does everyone keep saying that? *shoots him*
- Also when Christina and Tris shoot Peter with flechettes (that simulate the pain of a gunshot) while Christina snarls "Asshole."
- From the film adaptation of Insurgent, Peter's indignant "What?" with his bleeding face pressed up against the glass, after Jeanine more or less tells Tris to kill him if she likes, they've got more guards. Peter's frequent incidences of getting his ass kicked in general, partly due to Miles Teller's delivery.
- Earlier on when Tris, Four, Caleb and Evelyn are eating dinner together, Four and Evelyn have a very heated argument ending with Four storming out and Tris following him. Caleb proceeds to clumsily cut up his food and tell Evelyn that it's a lovely meal. It's as awkward as it sounds.
- In The Divergent Series: Allegiant, Tris and Christina are infiltrating the factionless headquarters and encounter a guard who yells the classic "Drop your weapon!" comment. An offscreen moment later, he gets bubbled up using the drone and is last seen doing a goofy kick and scream in the air.
- Immediately following the above scene is Tris and Christina attempting to free Four. After seeing just how unstoppable they are because of their drones, one of Evelyn's Mooks runs away and says, word to word, verb to verb, sentence to sentence, down to the last comma, "Screw This, I'm Outta Here!". He gets gunned down by Christina for his trouble.