For a series that is known mostly for being Bloodier and Gorier
and having loads of horror, Wolf Guy - Wolfen Crest
is just as brutal when it goes for the emotional punch. Proofs are...
- The Tear Jerker factor kicks in like few times during the scene where Inugami has a nervous breakdown and tries to convince himself that the woman being repeatedly raped in a video he's Forced to Watch isn't his Morality Pet, Aoshika-sensei. Made even worse by poor Aoshika (the biggest Woobie of the series) whispering "I'... I'm your teacher..." to Haguro, the ringleader and utter monster who's determined to rape her into insanity because Inugami cares for her. And Inugami himself? He's completely broken, helplessly screaming at him to stop...
- Any scene with Inugami in it in chapter 66, when he meets with Noriko Kimura in Nara.
- Also, when Mr. Todakoro helps Inugami out, and has an Heroic BSOD upon learning what Haguro and Co. are doing to Aoshika.
- And Aoshika's heartbraking Heroic BSOD in chapter 81, once Inugami gets to "see" her (though a monitor) after her horrifying gang-rape. Made even sadder when she does calm down, only to explain her horrible backstory to Inugami, reveal her feelings for him, and begs him to leave her since she thinks her life is over. And topped when Inugami says he is the one not worthy of her and keeps swearing he will save her.
- In chapter 87, Inugami bleeding to near death while looking about Aoshika's room. Believing in that moment he won't be able to save Aoshika, he presses his face against a sweater bearing with her scent and cries. In that motion, Inugami revealed his underlying love for Aoshika
- Chapter 97. Inugami's Anguished Declaration of Love to Aoshika. Right after giving her a Cooldown Hug as the poor woman has a breakdown in front of him.
- Chiba, you poor, tongueless bastard...
- That damn Esoteric Happy Ending. It's sad... but it's oddly happy too.