Grab a beer and drop you pants; The Man Show
Send your wife and kids to France.
It's, the, Man Show.
Quit your job and light a fart;
Yank your favorite private part.
It's, the, Man Show.
It's a place where men can come together;
Look at the jugs on this chick named Heather.
Juggy girls on trampolines;
Time to loosen those blue jeans.
It's the, Man Shoooooooooooooow!
—The Man Show theme song
was a half-hour program on Comedy Central
starring Adam Carolla
and Jimmy Kimmel (followed by Joe Rogan and Doug Stanhope in the final season) that centered around jokes about...well, "manly" stuff. Sports, beer, babes...that sort of thing. Aside from giving Jimmy Kimmel an extra paycheck (he still did a little work on Win Ben Steins Money
when the show first aired), The Man Show
was notable for its eye candy
-laden "Juggy Dance Squad", who would provide entertainment for the audience during commercial breaks. And the whole "jumping on trampolines" bit at the end of every show.
Lasted for five seasons. The first four seasons featured Adam and Jimmy, and all four of them are available on DVD at the Comedy Central store. The fifth and final season featuring Doug and Joe, widely regarded as being inferior to the previous seasons, has not been released on DVD.
This TV series provides examples of the following:
- Affectionate Parody: Of manly stuff and manly behavior.
- A God Am I: The "When Adam is King" skits.
- All Men Are Perverts: The basis for most of the jokes.
- Audience Participation Song: Prior to Bill "The Fox" Foster's death, the show featured brief segments where he lead the studio audience in sing-alongs of bawdy songs.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Adam's frequent masturbatory habits were the butt of many jokes. They also got a lot of mileage out of Adam and Jimmy visiting a sperm bank.
- Buxom Is Better: Juggy Vanessa got the most screen time out of all the Juggy dancers, and was even featured in the show's intro. She was also the bustiest Juggy.
- The Cast Show Off: "The Fox"'s ability to slam down two pints of beer in roughly 1 second flat - although the hosts kept the tradition alive after his passing, they couldn't drink nearly as fast, and generally wound up spilling it through trying.
- Every Episode Ending: "And now, girls jumping on trampolines!"
- Also the "Ziggy Zaggy" bit from season 1, where piano-player "The Fox" would down two huge mugs of beer in under a second. It was a popular bit that would've continued if The Fox hadn't died of prostate cancer off-season. Adam and Jimmy still did it after The Fox passed on, in tribute to him.
- Expospeak Gag: In one of their more infamous moments, Adam and Jimmy got over 1000 women to sign a petition to end Womens' Suffrage - in other words, denying women the vote. Crosses into Viewers Are Morons since most signers just assumed it was bad without any prodding other than the guys saying it's a bad thing.
- Fan Disservice: A disturbingly high number of skits featured Adam and Jimmy wearing nothing but their underwear.
- Fanservice with a capital F.
- From the Mouths of Babes: Aaron, the "Man Show Boy". NOT Andy Milonakis.
- Gainaxing: The girls jumping on trampolines.
- His and Hers: Played with in the episode where Adam and Jimmy visit Snoop Dogg's crib. While giving them the grand tour, Snoop shows them the bathroom. On a towel rack is one large towel marked "His" and several smaller towels labeled "Hos."
- Ms. Fanservice: The Juggy Dancers, who would also participate in some skits in addition to their usual dancing.
- Panty Shot: The "girls jumping on trampolines" montage over the end credits provided plenty of opportunities for these. As well as Gainaxing.
- Rated M for Manly: Dirty jokes? Check. Beer? Check. Hot girls in skimpy outfits? Check.
- Self-Deprecation: Adam masturbating and his unibrow, Jimmy's weight.
- At least once, Adam threw to a commercial break by saying, "Stay tuned for more ridiculous crap!"
- Sexy Mentor: One of the skits on the show was titled "Household Hints from Adult Film Stars" and featured real-life porn stars (often clad only in lingerie) providing Martha Stewart-like advice on topics like housekeeping or cooking.
- Shoddy Knockoff Product: FX Channels "X Show" was a pretty obvious clone and even filmed nearby in the same studio lot. It did not last very long.
- Sketch Comedy: With segments involving people on the street. Eventually the scripted parts were phased out, leaving only bits where they messed with people and visited places.
- Something Completely Different: "The Woman Show", which was their send up of shows like The View, Martha Stewart Living, and The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- Stripperiffic: The Juggy dance squad. Every episode had a different "theme" that would be reflected in their always-skimpy costumes. One episode might have them dressed in sexy schoolgirl outfits, another episode might have them dressed in cheerleader costumes, another might have them dressed as sexy nurses, etc.
- Take a Third Option: During the opening episode in one season, Adam and Jimmy held a competition to hire a new Juggy into the ranks. After they got down to the final two, rather than pick between them, they said "Screw it" and hired them both. Everybody wins!
- Testosterone Poisoning: Adam and Jimmy always played things tongue-in-cheek, which is what made the show work in the first place (because let's face it, guys: if we just want to see boobs, there are plenty of ways to do that). Their replacements did not share this talent for satire.
- One man got a swirley by Lou Ferrigno himself by landing on a bad portion of THE WHEEL OF DESTINY.
- Thong of Shielding: One episode featured Adam and Jimmy saying that the Comedy Central censors had told them they could show up to three-quarters of someone's backside. So, naturally, they invented the "three-quarter ass pants" which were cut so low that only the very bottom of the ass was covered.