Recap: The X Files S 01 E 20 Darkness Falls
- All Webbed Up: How the victims are found.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Scully asks why they are looking at a photo of loggers.
Scully: Right, but what am I looking for?
Mulder: Anything strange, unexplainable, unlikely... boyfriend?
- The Big Board: Mulder's slide show.
- Bug War
- Dont Go In The Woods
- Fade to White: Fade to Green in this case.
- Green Aesop
- Gaia's Vengeance: Metaphorical. The bugs attack because they were let out when the ancient (protected) trees were cut down.
- Hassle Free Hotwire: Well, the hotwire itself is hassle-free. Just don't ask about the drive that came after it ...
- Maybe not so hassle-free. It seems to have taken Humphreys all day to actually get it to work
- Hospital Surprise
- Karmic Death: Spinny alleges this in the case of the loggers; he himself is done in by his own caltrops.
- My Car Hates Me: The jeep certainly seems to hate Humphreys. Him not just getting out of the car is justified by the car door being blocked by a rock lying on the road.
- Pop the Tires: Ecoterrorists set up a tire spike on a road in the woods. Mulder, Scully and two guys from Federal Forest Service are screwed up because they have only one spare tire and must hike to the place they were heading.
- Primal Fear:
- Spiders. The bugs aren't really spiders, but they look similar to them, weave cocoons out of spiderweb-like thread, and are even referred to as spiders a few times.
- Darkness. The bugs swarm in darkness.
Spinney: The darkness is our enemy.
- Eaten Alive: The bugs suck all the fluids out of their victims' bodies while the victims are still alive.
- Tempting Fate: "Come on, Scully, it'll be a nice trip to the forest."
- The Swarm
- Weakened By The Light
- Western Terrorists: Type VII - eco-terrorists
- What the Hell, Hero?: Scully calls Mulder out on unilaterally making a decision that could easily have killed them all.