Recap: The X Files S 01 E 08 Ice
- "We are not who we are."
- Apocalyptic Log: The head of the research station's original crew records one, just before he shoots himself.
- Body Horror: There are various glimpses of the worm gliding along under the surface of human skin. And of course, the "cure" involves sliding a worm into the ear of an already infected person.
- Bottle Episode: Filmed in pretty much one claustrophobic cabin.
- Driven to Suicide: A rare two-fer.
- Dug Too Deep: Into the ice, rather than the ground.
- Grim Up North: The Arctic. In a snowstorm. Stuck in a cabin.
- Hate Plague: The infecting organism drives its hosts into murderous rage against one another.
- Hostile Weather: A severe snowstorm traps them in the station for several days. Then again, even if it hadn't, the pilot is the first to die.
- Not Himself: "We are not who we are."
- The Power Of Trust: The first episode to really delve into the theme. Mulder and Scully expose the nape of their neck to each other for examination, each knowing that the other might be murderous.
- Recycled In Space: Who Goes There? at the NORTH Pole.
- Stock Episode Titles: 14 uses.
- Whole Plot Reference: To The Thing.