Episode - 4F05
First Aired - 11/17/1996
Mr. Burns is reunited with his illegitimate, boorish, middle-aged son who looks like and is voiced by Rodney "I Don't Get No Respect" Dangerfield
- Abandoned Warehouse/Never Recycle a Building: Homer and Larry tried to hide inside one, only to learn it was no longer abandoned.
Homer: "D'OH! Stupid economic recovery!"
- Actor Allusion: In one scene, Larry says "I don't get no regard, no regard at all!", a play on Rodney Dangerfield's Catch Phrase "I don't get no respect at all!"
- There are also numerous references to Dangerfield's film Caddyshack, including the scene where Larry attends a cocktail party with Mr. Burns as well as the ending party, which is set to Journey's "Any Way You Want It."
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: When the family first pick up a hitchhiking Larry, he shows them a picture of Mr. Burns asking if they know who he is, garnering the following replies:
Larry: Hey, I'm looking for this guy. [Shows an old picture of Burns] Anyone know who he is?
Bart: Yeah, sure, we know him. That's Mr. Burns.
Lisa: He tried to kill our puppies.
Marge: He sexually harassed me.
Abe: He stole my fiancee.
Homer: He made fun of my weight.
Larry: Okay, so there's been a little friction. Know his address?
- Dance Party Ending: After Larry makes up with his father, he shouts "Let's party!" and a large dance party spontaneously breaks out on the street. Lampshaded by Homer:
Lisa: Who's playing that music?
Marge: And where's all that liquor coming from?
- Faked Kidnapping: Homer's plan to reunite Larry and Burns.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: When Burns wanted to punish Larry for faking his abduction, he told Smithers to take off his (Burns') belt. Smithers was happy to comply.
- Irony: A rather sad example. In one part, Larry asks aloud "What do folks in this town have against my dad? He's a pussycat." As the next scene shows, that pussycat still has claws.
- "Well Done, Son" Guy
- X Called; They Want Their Y Back: When Larry makes fun of Marge's hair, Lisa adds "Buckingham Palace called, they want their hat back."