Episode - 3F05
First Aired - 11/5/1995
Homer becomes morbidly obese so he can work from home and avoid the daily workout regimens implemented by Mr. Burns, but while Homer is living large, Marge and the rest of the family worry about Homer's health and how long he can keep up this scam.
- Big Eater: Homer. Even more than usual.
- Justified: Homer was under Back-Alley Doctor's orders (read: Dr. Nick's orders) to overeat so he can reach his weight goal.
- However, after finally gaining all the weight he wanted to, Homer isn't seen eating again until he hijacks an ice cream truck to get to the nuclear plant.
- Never My Fault: When Homer first learned of the impending explosion, he started blaming his toy bird but he quickly gave in and realized it was his own fault.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Hank Azaria imitates the late Cary Grant when voicing the pig encouraging Homer to gain 300 pounds. This was the idea of the writers, who thought Grant's voice would've been perfect.
- What Could Have Been: The writers wanted the real Cary Grant to voice the pig, but he died years before this episode was made.
- The Cake Is a Lie: Lisa tells Homer Marge baked him a cake to get him to go in the kitchen so Marge could discuss all the flaws with his plan. After the discussion ended, Homer asked for the cake.
- Weight Woe: Inverted.
- But then played straight when Homer's girth makes it increasingly difficult to prevent the meltdown from occurring.