Airdate: August 21, 1999
Spongebob and Patrick meet their heroes from their favorite T.V show, but they are disappointed to find out that they are not into crime fighting anymore. So, their plan is to try and make them want to fight crime again.
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy provide examples of:
- Accidental Marriage: A delusional, senile Mermaid Man, a confused SpongeBob and the warden of Shady Shoals take part in this hilarious exchange.
Mermaid Man: Listen up you villains, I wanna eat my meat loaf! Now if you don't get out of here, then with the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife!
Warden: WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?!
Mermaid Man: (Talking to the warden, pointing at SpongeBob) You may kiss the bride!
Patrick: (SpongeBob is thrown out of Shady Shoals and rolls home, where Patrick is waiting for him) Did you reunite our heroes?
SpongeBob: No. But I'm married.
- Cool Old Guy: Spongebob's speech about old people being great as it regards to Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
- Harmless Villains: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy unretire to put a stop to evil...by stopping two idiots such as Spongebob and Patrick.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: "It's not me, you old coot!"
- Old Superheroes
- Rousing Speech: SpongeBob gives one as he vows to reunite their heroes.
- Trigger: Mermaid Man will lose his mind whenever he hears the word "evil".
- Unsound Effect: The new Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy show is full of them ("Sit!" "King Me!" "Hang up!"). At the end SpongeBob winks at the camera and is followed by a graphic that reads "Wink!"
Airdate: August 21, 1999
When Spongebob believes that he forgot the pickles on a Krabby Patty, his life is turned upside down.
Pickles provides examples of:
- Break the Cutie: Spongebob, after Bubble Bass tells him that he forgot the pickles.
- Fat Bastard: Bubble Bass.
- Hash House Lingo: SpongeBob has his own version, while Bubble Bass is quite fluent in it.
Bubble Bass: I'll take a double triple balty deluxe, on a raft, 4x4 animal style, extra shingles with the shimmy and a squeeze, light axle grease, make it cry, burn it, and let it swim.
Squidward: We serve food here, sir.
- Jerkass: Bubble Bass. Espcially since he had Spongebob's pickles under his tongue the whole time, along with the pickles from last time too, and car keys.
- Lethal Chef: Squidward while subbing for SpongeBob at the grill.
Hey, he burned my patty! Customer #2:
He burned my fries! Customer #3: He burned my shake!
- Mundane Made Awesome: SpongeBob trying to make a Krabby Patty in front of Mr. Krabs.
- Strange Syntax Speaker: SpongeBob becomes one after his breakdown.