A popular Stock Parody
in the field of soundtracks. A scene depicting cowboys or just a character posing as a badass or facing a potential threat is accompanied by music similar to Ennio Morricone
's score for the spaghetti Westerns
by Sergio Leone
the theme from The Good The Bad And The Ugly
is quoted ("ayiayiaaaay") or the harmonica theme from Once Upon a Time in the West
Also popular whenever a parody of Clint Eastwood
open/close all folders
Films — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- Used in an episode of Bassie & Adriaan: "Het Geheim van de Sleutel", when they are visiting Spain.
- The A-Team: Murdock once dressed up as a cowboy, while Morricone style music was playing.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: Whistled by the show's hosts while watching "Gamera Vs. Barugon", "The Crawling Hand", "The Crawling Eye", "The Atomic Brain", "Village Of The Giants", "12ToMoon", "Last Of The Wild Horses", "It Conquered The World", "Overdrawn At The Memory Bank" and "The Sidehackers".
- Dead Kennedys use horn and guitar on their album Frankenchrist to create a Morriconesque feel.
- Gorillaz: Quoted at the start of the song "Clint Eastwood", from Gorillaz.
- Jonny & The Baptists' Edinburgh Fringe song about Clint Eastwood's speech at the 2012 National Republican Convention starts out like this, before suddenly seguing into the theme from Rawhide.
- Broken Bells' "Mongrel Heart" contains a very Morricone-like midsection.
- The soundtrack of the Wild AR Ms franchise (more specifically the works scored by Michiko Naruke) seems to have been heavily inspired by Morricone's work.
- In Red Dead Revolver, the soundtrack has a Morricone style feeling to it.
- Blood Bros, being set in the Wild West, naturally uses the "ayiayiaaaa" riff... but only as a part of the game over jingle.
- "Sunny's Theme" from Metal Gear Solid 4.
- This remix of Sanae Kochiya's theme.
- The Simpsons:
- In the episode "Brush With Greatness" Homer walks towards the weight scale while the soundtrack quotes The Good The Bad And The Ugly.
- Mr. Bergstrom in "Lisa's Substitute" walks in the classroom dressed as a cowboy, accompanied by similar music.
- "The Front": When Granpa dreams about the Old West similar music is heard.
- "Homer Loves Flanders": Flanders whistles the music during a dream sequence.
- In the episode "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)" similar music is heard when Homer returns for revenge after being ridiculed by Chief Wiggum for trying to eat extremely hot chili.
- "The Lastest Gun In The West"
- "The Seemingly Never-Ending Story": Spoofs the Mexican standoff scene from "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" with spoofing ominous music.
- Futurama: Done in "The Silence Of The Clamps".
- Thomas the Tank Engine: In some episodes between Seasons 3 and 7, there is a music cue for when something is about to go wrong or there is a standoff between two characters. It sounds like something out of the Dollars Trilogy.