We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 10 E 04 Future War
Film watched: Future War
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 treatment of this movie contains examples of:
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: While trying to demonstrate Forced Perspective to the (unimpressed) bots, a real giant Tom Servo appears in the theater to frighten them away.
- Call Back: A brief shot of a movie theater showing Casablanca causes Crow to ask Mike to dopple him into it.
- During Mike's insistent examples of forced perspective, the bots wonder if it has anything to do with Joel's recent visit.
- Captivity Harmonica: "Well, I suppose one of us has to play harmonica."
- Culture Equals Costume: Every time the beret-wearing character appears, Mike and the bots either sing something in French (e.g., 'Alouette'), or utter a phrase in French (such as "Vive la Résistance!").
- Department of Redundancy Department: Water: Nature's liquid
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!
Tom Servo: It's Jean-Claude Van Damme!
Mike: Nah. He's more like Jean-Claude Gosh Darn.
- Intoxication Ensues: As part of her Mad Science, Pearl doses the 'bots with hallucinogens, and Mike uses a screen to see what they see. Crow misidentifies Mike's Milky Way for a Snickers bar and freaks out, while Servo sees the same distorted, gibbering nightmare he sees every day. Crow is also surprised to learn that Mike isn't a clown.
- I Read That As:
- Before the final letter shows up, Servo reads the title as Future Wax. Which makes about as much sense as the actual title, honestly.
- When Sister Ann is writing the AB Cs on the chalkboard, Servo predicts she's trying to write the word "ass."
Servo: Ass— asswi— assho—
Crow: It's not even ass, Servo!
- Ironic Echo Cut: Taking a cue from the movie, Mike and the 'Bots call Pearl to thank her for not killing them, interrupting her attempt to shoot the SoL with a missile. They feel quite betrayed afterward.
- Lame Pun Reaction: During the Container Maze scene.
Crow: He's boxed in.
Mike: Well, I'm card-bored.
Servo: Shut up, you two.
- Long List:
Crow: Hello, I'm Droppy The Water Droplet. Did you know that there are literally tens of thousands of uses for water? Here are just a few thousand...
Mike: Are these in any sort of order, or...
- Retirony: After one of the dinosaurs is killed early in the movie.
Mike: He was three days from retirement! NOOO!
- Shout-Out: Crow's Droppy the Water Droplet is very similar to his Willy the Waffle (all based on Coily the Spring Sprite from A Case of Spring Fever.)
- Take That: When a couple of kids are shown playing The Beautiful Game, Mike comments that soccer is the only thing more boring than this film, and that the last thing he wanted to see was soccer in the film.