The KTMA Segments:noteSegment 1
- Joel shows off his inventions, the Nunclucks, a gun silencer for pointing at people and the Chiro helmet.
- Crow and Servo try to get high from clothespins.
- Crow tells Gypsum about Thanksgiving, at least how he thinks it goes.
- Joel finds Gypsum with a clothespin, which lead him to show Gypsum about the effects of drugs. This involves Joel showing the Drug Glasses and smacking Gypsum back and forth.
The KTMA Version provides examples of:
- Artistic Licence History: Crow's story to Gypsum on how the pilgrims landing to America.
- Fantastic Drug: Crow and Servo try to get high from clipping clothespins to their noses.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Gypsy's name is still Gypsum.
- Hong Kong Dub: Joel discuses this with Gypsum in a segment.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: One of three episodes of the series that is not known to be in fan circles.
- Prop Recycling: The Drug Glasses, Chiro Gyro, and Nunclucks were used from Joel's standup.
- Sequel First: Fugitive Alien was later riffed in the KTMA season.
The national presentation contains examples of:
- Big Head Mode: Joel's Invention Exchange, the Big Head. It makes an appearance in the next two episodes, and again in episode 323.
- Disney Death: Servo sustains critical injury from his head exploding, and he just barely makes it after the host segment.
- Dude, Not Funny!: In-universe example after Servo jokes about his near-death experience.
- Follow the Leader:Joel: (bored) Oh, where have I see this before?
- Gag Nose: The Mads' Big Noses.
- Irony: The first fan letter Joel reads on the show is from a kid who rants about how he hates school, and would rather spend his time watching MST3K. Joel clearly has difficulty reading the letter, and the writer even acknowledges that he has trouble writing and spelling. Did we mention this kid is also apparently 13 years old (at least at the time this episode aired)?
- Medical Drama: Parodied with Joel reviving Servo with a Magical Defibrillator and Crow going to Shatner mode.
- Minion with an F in Evil: Forrester's being all smug about being evil and Frank completely undercuts this by singing "I Love Baby Ducks".
- Mood Whiplash: Tom Servo's head exploding causes the episode to take a very weird turn...
- Rule of Funny: What's the point of the big noses? Well, they're just... really big!
- Running Gag: Continuing from the first film, Joel and the bots' singing "He tried to kill me with a forklift" whenever the theme music plays.
- Every time Rocky's name is mentioned, Crow invokes Rocky the Flying Squirrel and says, "Again?" Eventually Joel loses his temper.
- Your Head A-Splode: Resulting in Servo nearly dying.