Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 06 E 18 High School Big Shot
Film watched: High School Big Shot with the short Out of This World
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains these tropes:
- Call Back: Servo references the short at the beginning when he ponders where the bread display in a general store is.
- Curse Cut Short: During the "Out of This World" riffing:Salesman: That's why I keep these bullseye tablets. So that a small slip-up doesn't turn into a big trip-up.Mike: Make sure you stock your truck up, so that you don't...well, you know.
- Downer Ending: The writers said that the entire film was depressing, and that the downer ending was a relief.
- Gentleman Thief: T. Hewett Edward Crow. He still can't get past the lock on Gypsy's diary.
- Hulk Speak: Tom develops this when Crow turns him huge."Movie bad! Movie go away!"
- Overly Long Gag: Tom Servo repeatedly singing "Don't Pay the Ferryman", which he pays for dearly.
- Which is a Crowning Moment of Funny as well.
- Sophisticated as Hell: The "Vince analyzes Othello" riff.
- Spoof Aesop: As "The End" shows on screen:Crow: This is the P.T.A. reminding you to always do your homework!