The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation has examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Referenced numerous times.Mike: "Come on, beer, get in my mouth. Come on!"
Crow: "You know, after this beer, we should have a beer sometime."
Servo: (as the Devil Fish) "I'm a recovering alcoholic. I can't eat that guy."
- Bilingual Dialogue: Blowie the dolphin makes the usual clicks and whines, but apparently Mike and the 'bots can understand him.
- Brief Accent Imitation: At one point, Bob says "I knoooow!" (which was also used as the stinger). But he says it differently than the rest of his lines in the movie. Tom observes: "Was this guy dubbed by J. Peterman?"
- Call Back:
- Censor Box: The MST3K logo was used to cover up a surprise guest appearance by Peter's balls. "Dah! Incoming!"Servo: (as Peter, giggling) I hung one out for fun!
- Comical Overreacting: Mike goes into full-blown Government Conspiracy mode when he misplaces his wallet.
- Everybody Laughs Ending: The movie ends with a small joke. Crow and Servo decide to laugh for the duration of the end credits in response.
- Fan Disservice: Mike specifically complains about the repeated close up butt shots on Miller during his underwater fight with Peter. You could probably count Stella (aka Skeletor)'s entire existence, too.Mike: Gah, did the director think this guy was hot?Crow: Well, it's a nice butt, Mike.
- Foregone Conclusion: Servo says "If I don't come back, adopt a single currency, eat snails, and don't shave your armpits" when Peter goes into the water for the last time. Peter survives unscathed, but evidently Europe decides his suggestions are worth implementing anyway.
- Freudian Slip: "That's six degrees off the port beer, I mean, bow!"
- Genius Bonus: Mike has a fairly elaborate Running Gag involving outboard motors. Whenever one appears he makes suggestive-sounding comments about them ("Hey, nice Evinrude." "I hate when I get my Evinrude tangled up." etc). Evinrude is, of course, a brand of outboard motor. So is Johnson, which is clearly what Mike means to say whenever he says Evinrude.
- Gonk: Mike and the Bots repeatedly joke at how ugly Miller the Killer is, with Crow even speculating his sheer ugliness fuels his boat.
- Lame Pun Reaction: Servo jokes about the Devilfish having "eleventacles." Mike groans audibly. He also groans at Servo's "We're experiencing tentacle difficulties!".
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Dolphins. Never piss those guys off, especially not any named Blowie."Dolphin warbird decloaking off the port bow!"
- Ditto for electricians, though largely because they have an alliance with the dolphins.
- Refuge in Audacity: Pearl turns up the "Italian Stereotype" vision mode on Mike and the Bots until they become full-on pizza spinning, loafer wearing, gondola riding ethnic slurs.Mike: (Mario voice) Pearl! You-a make-a broad stereotype!
- Running Gag: References to beer and the Italian actors faking American accents.Servo (as Peter): "Of course I am American and not European. I drive a truck!"
- Shout-Out: The opening segment has Mike going on about his identity being wiped by a Government Conspiracy, referencing the 1998 TV series adaptation of The Net.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Invoked word-for-word by Pearl on Bobo acting as Captain during dinner.
Janet: It's right underneath us!
Peter: I knoooow!