Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 09 E 10 The Final Sacrifice
Film watched: The Final Sacrifice
- The Alcoholic: Referenced:
Crow: "Hm, I wonder if there's beer on the sun."
- A-Team Firing:
Mike (as Rowsdower): D'oh, I shot in between them. I got confused!
- Broken Aesop: After Mike and Crow interrupt Tom's increasingly frightening "Canada Song".
Mike: Mustn't hate, mustn't hate...
Crow: At least not so overtly.
Mike: Exactly. Must disguise our hate.
- Broken Record: Crow comments on the soundtrack to the film:
Crow: Man, "Beethoven's 5th" just can't get started here.
- Canada, Eh?: The movie itself was set in Canada, but doesn't use any of the stereotypes. The MST3K episode makes numerous jokes that fit this trope exactly, however, culminating in a song about Canada that is nothing but mocking the country using every stereotype imaginable...eh?
- Catch Phrase: "Rowsdower!"
- Celebrity Resemblance: Many of the riffs remark on that Troy's father looks like NFL player Larry Csonka. Also, Rowsdower does look a bit like Randy Bachman of Bachman-Turner Overdrive.
"Oooooh, I hates that rabbit!"
- Credits Gag: A rather lengthy one as Crow attempts to discuss pitching the movie as a television series and Mike gets deep in character and actually acts like a real live executive...complete with meddling.
- Curse Cut Short: Servo's Canada song ends with the line "Your country's just a giant piece of—", but both Mike and Crow stop him before he can finish.
- Curse of The Ancients: After Mike catches "Grizzled Old Prospector Syndrome."
- '80s Hair: Turns out "Hockey Hair" is caused by an airborne virus. Who knew?
- Executive Meddling: Parodied in Crow's pitch for Zap And Troy: The Legendary Journeys.
- Heroic BSOD: Mike suffers this when he learns Crow and Servo have entered a Muffin-y, Calista Flockhart, Swoosie Kurtz kind of cult, instead of the usual animal sacrifice sort.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Servo's "Canada" song predates "Blame Canada".
- Ho Yay: In-Universe, between Troy and Rowsdower.
: [to his car]
"Come on baby, don't let me down!" Tom (as Troy)
: "I won't, Rowsdower!"
Crow (as Troy): My Rowsdower's come for me!
- During the skit where Mike gets Grizzled Old Prospector Syndrome, Tom asks Mike if he's been kissing any prospectors. After pondering briefly, Mike denies it, though he apparently did kiss a surly truck farmer (in a Continuity Nod all the way back to Joel's day and the short in Episode 507).
- I'm a Humanitarian
Troy: Did you know him (Troy's father)?
Tom (as Mike Pipper): Know him? He was delicious!
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Mike gets cut off preemptively when he tries to make one about people "just dying to get into" a cemetery. Note though that Mike did the same joke in season 5's The Atomic Brain, and was able to finish the joke.
- See also the "Pipper" joke under Stealth Pun, which Servo also cuts off.
- Light Bulb Joke:
- Memetic Badass/Memetic Loser: In-universe; Mike and the bots mix open disdain for Rowsdower with turning him into a great warrior.
- Noodle Incident: How Mike got Grizzled Prospector Syndrome.
- Running Gag: Rowsdower!
- Shot in the Ass: As it's very unclear where Troy shoots Satoris in the film's climax, Mike and the 'bots assumed he was shot in the butt. Later extended when Satoris catches fire seemingly because of it, and the 'bots suggest shooting Mike in the butt to find out if this is a reliable method for setting humans on fire.
- Shout-Out to Shakespeare: "A horse! My six-pack for a horse!"
- Spinoff: Troy and Zap: The Legendary Journeys.
- Stalker with a Crush: The hosts imagine Troy as one of these, writing badgering letters to Counselor Troi and Agent Scully, by those names.
- Stealth Pun
- The Stoic: Parodied:
Aunt: Now Troy, we've talked about this before. I don't want you to cry about what is past.
Mike: (as aunt) No emotions, we've discussed that.
- Take That: To Canada. Tom takes his Take That too far, though.
: (singing) Oh, I wish I was blowing up Prince Edward Island / And going on to bomb Ontario! / The destruction of Canada and all of its culture / Is by far my fav-o-rite scenario! Mike
: (talking) OK, well that's a little strong.... Tom
: (talking) No, no, you were right Mike, this is much more fun! (singing) Just where the hell does Canada get off sharing a border / With countries far superior to it? Crow
: (speaking) Yikes! Servo
: (singing) Why, you lousy, stinking, francophonic, bacon-loving bastards, / Your country's just a giant piece of sh--
- That Was Not A Dream: "Wow, I dreamt I was stuck with this chunky backwoods loser named Rowsdower... Aah!"
- Thememobile: "Rowsdowermobile, awaaaaay!"
- Title Drop
Servo: "Oh, please just one more sacrifice!"
Mike: "Alright, but this is The Final Sacrifice!"
- Tom Waits: When Mike Pipper shows up, Servo quips "I'd like to sing something from Bone Machine."
- Unfortunate Names: Referenced in the film.
Crow: Oh, yeah? Well, my name's Bilge Stinkwater.
- The Virus: Bobo eats a bad can of Canadian bacon and causes hockey hair in everyone. Mike turns out to be immune since he already had it... but this makes him vulnerable to Grizzled Old Prospector Syndrome.
- You Look Familiar: Pearl can't quite identify Servo when he's beamed down by Observer.