Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 23 Village Of The Giants
You know, as in tune as Bert I Gordon was with the Fifties, he just didn't get the Sixties!Film watched: Village of the Giants
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains these tropes:
- Actor Allusion: Plenty of references to Lloyd Bridges here. There are also plenty of Opie and Willow jokes at Ron Howard's expense.Crow: I liked Willow!
- Call Back:
Crow: "Why wasn't Glenn Manning this much fun?"
- While the giant teenagers are dancing.
- Torgo briefly takes over Frank's job in Deep 13.
- BSOD: Frank experiences one of these, after being Put on a Bus.
- In Memoriam: In place of The Stinger, there is a dedication to Frank Zappa, who was also a fan of MST3K and had apparently expressed interest in collaborating with Best Brains shortly before his death.
- Mickey Mousing: The "Haunting Torgo Theme" gets sped up when Dr. F helps Torgo get to his seat to interview for Frank's job.Dr. F.: First rule: No theme music.
Torgo: What theme music? (walks away, Haunting Torgo Theme plays.)
- Notable Original Music: "The Greatest Frank of All"
- Put on a Bus: We'll miss you, TV's Frank.
- The Bus Came Back: At least in this same episode.
- Running Gag: "I like Willow!"
- Mike and the bots replying, "WHAT?!" to the hard-to-hear police officer.
- "Jim Begg."
"Please, don't go." "Goodbye, Frank, you were enjoyed." (singing) "Let me be frank about Frank..."