Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 08 Operation Double 007
Film watched: OK Connery aka Operation Kid Brother aka Operation Double 007
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains these tropes:
- Brick Joke: Torgo finally comes back with the Mr. Pibb that he forgot to bring in with the pizza back in "Manos" The Hands of Fate.
- A shorter one; Torgo asks to use the restroom. After the episode, he can be heard flushing the toilet and thanking the Mads.
- Continuity Nod:
- Disney Owns This Trope: Due to issues concerning the rights to the title, the DVD release uses the alternate title Operation Kid Brother on the packaging. The episode itself is not altered.
- Earworm: "Boppin' Buzzard! Caw! Caw! Caw! "
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Pause when Maya & her villainesses finish camouflaging the vehicle. The text says "The Wild Pussy Club." If Joel & the 'Bots noticed it, it was presumably "too hot to riff."
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Crow mentions that Connery probably hypnotized Maya into liking him at the end of the movie. Turns out that, in a cut scene, Maya makes a similar comment to Neil, only much earlier.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Crow's remark about the henchwoman whose hairstyle involves two very prominent loops at the back of her head.Crow: Hey, she has handles!
- Pet the Dog: The crew admits that they have no idea what Neil Connery was really up to, and probably was enjoying his life.Crow: And no matter what's gone wrong with his life, Neil can always look in the mirror and say to himself, "Well, at least I didn't do Zardoz."
- Plot Hole: Several are introduced due to having to cut the movie for time.
- The incident that leads Beta to want to kill Alpha (and how he actually does it).
- Neil and Beta's first meeting at the archery competition in Monte Carlo.
- The explanation behind the "Operation Double 00-Heehaw" joke. The agents are disguised as gardeners for the villa.
- Neil attempting to refuse to continue the mission after Yasuko is killed and how he ends up both in Tetuan and Beta's party.
- How Neil's archery buddies ended up being so readily available for the final battle. He had them flown to Germany.
- Now Neil and Maya find the Thanatos HQ by tracking the radioactive rugs with a long-range Geiger counter.
- Running Gag: "I know."
- Everyone Neil meets seems to want his brother's autograph.
- Jokes about Neil and his brother in general. (When the Commander realized Neil's flirting with Mildred) "May I just remind you that your name is Neil Connery? Get on the plane!"Maya: (To Neil) You've been reading too many novels by Fleming.Crow: Jerry Fleming — Ian's brother!
- The Minor Crime Reveals Major Plot moment:Commander: This is beginning to look serious...
Servo: (as Commander)... we'd better bring Sean in.
- This one doubles as a Shout-Out during the final confrontation between Neil and Beta.