Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 08 Operation Double 007
Film watched: OK Connery
aka Operation Kid Brother
aka Operation Double 007
- Brick Joke: Torgo finally comes back with the Mr. Pibb that he forgot to bring in with the pizza back in "Manos" The Hands of Fate.
- Continuity Nod: Joel and the Bots sing "Hooray for Santy Claus" during the opening credits.
- Disney Owns This Trope: Due to issues concerning the rights to the title, the DVD release uses the alternate title Operation Kid Brother on the packaging. The episode itself is not altered.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Crow mentions that Connery probably hypnotized Maya into liking him at the end of the movie. Turns out that, in a cut scene, Maya makes a similar comment to Neil, only much earlier.
- Plot Hole: Several are introduced due to having to cut the movie for time.
- The incident that leads Beta to want to kill Alpha (and how he actually does it).
- Neil and Beta's first meeting at the archery competition in Monte Carlo.
- The explanation behind the "Operation Double 00-Heehaw" joke. The agents are disguised as gardeners for the villa.
- Neil attempting to refuse to continue the mission after Yasuko is killed and how he ends up both in Tetuan and Beta's party.
- How Neil's archery buddies ended up being so readily available for the final battle. He had them flown to Germany.
- Now Neil and Maya find the Thanatos HQ by tracking the radioactive rugs with a long-range Geiger counter.
- Running Gag: "I know."