Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 07 I Accuse My Parents
Films watched: The Truck Farmer
(short) and I Accuse My Parents
- Become a Real Boy/Pinocchio Syndrome: Lampshaded in the opening host segment, where Tom tries to become a real boy, but eventually realizes it would suck.
- Glurge: When the film starts right off with Jimmy spouting the Author Tract, Joel groans, "Oh, boy, here we go..."
- If I Can't Have You
Servo: (as Blake, to Kitty) No one's gonna take you away from me. Not even me, see! I'll kill me before that happens.
- I'll Take Two Beers Too: Jimmy orders two champagne cocktails when he first goes to see Kitty at the club, one ostensibly being for her, but it leads to this:
Waiter: Two, sir?
Joel: Yeah, and put 'em in one of those big Slurpee glasses.
- Jumping Out of a Cake: The Mads' "Cake n' Shake" invention, an instant cake mix with a Chippendale dancer included right in the box.
- Motor Mouth: "AslongasItalkreallyfastanddowhathesaysI'mgonnabeOK."
- Running Gag: Many, including...
- Jimmy winning the essay contest.
- Jimmy's birthday.
- Joel and the Bots coming up with even more ridiculous lies than the ones Jimmy says in the movie, some of them relating to World War II.
- "Liar! Liar! Liar!"
- His mother's alcoholism.
- Hamburgers with a french-fried potatoes garnish.
- Quacking every time the door opens and a picture of ducks appears in the background.
- Shout Out: Crow blurts out "was you ever bit by a dead bee" during the dinner scene, when Kitty is in maximum Lauren Bacall mode. This is a nod to Bacall's first movie, To Have And Have Not.
- Values Dissonance: The crew gets a lot of mileage over the Truck Farmer short happily describing clearcutting of forests, using dangerous chemicals on plants, low paid migrant labor and the worship of the automobile.
"(laughs)" "What's so funny??"