Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 07 I Accuse My Parents
Films watched: The Truck Farmer (short) and I Accuse My Parents
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation provides examples of:
- Become a Real Boy/Pinocchio Syndrome: Lampshaded in the opening host segment and naming the latter, where Tom tries to become a real boy, but eventually realizes it would suck.
- Glurge: When the film starts right off with Jimmy spouting the Author Tract, Joel groans, "Oh, boy, here we go..."
- Hating On Monday: When Kitty sings "Are You Happy in Your Work?", a background extra's voice is dubbed to gripe: "Aw, don't sing this to me on a Monday!"
- If I Can't Have YouBlake: (to Kitty) No one's gonna take you away from me. Nobody.Servo: (as Blake) Not even me, see! I'll kill me before that happens.
- I'll Take Two Beers Too: Jimmy orders two champagne cocktails when he first goes to see Kitty at the club, one ostensibly being for her, but it leads to this:Waiter: Two, sir?Joel: Yeah, and put 'em in one of those big Slurpee glasses.
- Jumping Out of a Cake: The Mads' "Cake n' Shake" invention, an instant cake mix with a Chippendale dancer included right in the box.
- Letting the Air Out of the Band: During the re-enactment of "Are You Happy in Your Work?", Tom and Crow (playing waiters) run into each other, making a mess. The song that Gypsy is lip-syncing to slows down and stops as a result.
- Motor Mouth: "AslongasItalkreallyfastanddowhathesaysI'mgonnabeOK."
- Off on a Technicality: Parodied. When Jimmy is on trial, the judge throws out the case: "Seeing as how it's your birthday, we'll let you go."
- Rearrange the Song: Later in the film, there's a scene set at the nightclub, and jazzy music plays in the background. Tom proceeds to sing: "Are you groovin' with your cuckoo work? Hey!"
- Running Gag: Many, including...
- Jimmy winning the essay contest.
- Jimmy's birthday.
- Joel and the Bots coming up with even more ridiculous lies than the ones Jimmy says in the movie, some of them relating to World War II.
- (Singing) "Liar! Liar! Liar!"
- His mother's alcoholism.
- Hamburgers with a french-fried potatoes garnish.
- Quacking every time the door opens and a picture of ducks appears in the background.
- Serious Business: "You were supposed to get us a hamburger sandwich like in the movie! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS FAMILY?"
- Shout-Out: Crow blurts out "was you ever bit by a dead bee" during the dinner scene, when Kitty is in maximum Lauren Bacall mode. This is a nod to Bacall's first movie, To Have And Have Not.
- Song Parody: "He's crazy... crazy for 'ccusin' his parents."
- Title Drop: Jimmy says "I accuse my parents" in the first couple minutes, prompting Joel and the bots to be amazed at how quickly the film ended. Unfortunately for them, the entire movie is told in flashback. It does drop again at the end too.
- Values Dissonance: The crew gets a lot of mileage over the Truck Farmer short happily describing clearcutting of forests, using dangerous chemicals on plants, low paid migrant labor and the worship of the automobile.
- Plus, "Thank god I'm white!"
- With Lyrics: Tom adds lyrics to the opening theme music to I Accuse My Parents:Tom: (singing) They laughed when I accused my parents and I killed them / Let's see if they'll be laughing noooooow!
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 03 E 19 War Of The Colossal Beast Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day 93 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 17 Crash Of The Moons
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 06 Eegah Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 08 Operation Double 007
Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 08 E 20 Space Mutiny Recap/Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day 13 Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 09 E 04 Werewolf