Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 06 Eegah
Film watched: Eegah!
According to the Amazing Colossal Episode Guide
, the cast considers the shaving scene from Eegah, in which Eegah lolls his tongue around and laps up shaving cream, to be one of the most disgusting things they've witnessed during their time on the show. The writers also speculate that some kind of romantic relationship existed between Arch Hall Sr. and his on-screen daughter Marilyn Manning, due to the uncomfortably non-familial chemistry in their scenes together. Whatever the case, Ms. Manning was working as Hall's secretary at the time.
This MST3K presentation contains examples of:
- Fan Disservice: Arch Hall Jr. to the crew.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Richard Kiel is best known as "Jaws" (no relation), the Bond villain from The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. He also appeared in the MST3K experiment The Human Duplicators.
- Continuity Nod: As Eegah runs his hands through Roxy's hair in the cave, Joel quips that he went to the "Torgo School of Fondling".
- Missing Mom: Discussed Trope. Joel explains how this trope was used in The Sixties, when divorce was still unacceptable, as a cheap plot device to have "swinging young bachelors" have both active dating lives and adorable kids to dispense "folksy, homespun advice" to.
- Rooting for the Empire: Joel and the Bots several times hope for Eegah to kill Tom.
- Running Gag:
- "Hey... check it out! There's an oven in the living room!"
- "Watch out for snakes!"
- Everytime Hall Jr.'s face is seen, there's bound to be at least one scream of horror.
- Shower of Angst: Tom Servo and Crow are so disgusted and repulsed by the movie that they each take a shower once it's all over.
- Spoof Aesop: From the Missing Mom discussion above, after Crow and Tom realized that they, too, are (sort of) children of a single father:
Crow: Don't worry, Joel. We both know we have a lot to be grateful for. We have you, Gypsy, Cambot, Magic Voice... but most importantly, we have lots and lots of love. And that's something you just don't get in a two-parent household!