Film watched: The Eye Creatures aka Attack of the Eye Creatures aka Attack of the The Eye Creatures
The Host Segments:Prologue
- Crow and Servo are going through a "best friends" phase, which doesn't last long.
- The Mads present the router Ouija board, to listen to spirits of dead woodworkers. Joel sends the Mads his invention, the Funny Gag fax, which squirts water to Dr. Forrester.
- Servo just wants to make out with someone. He first asks Crow, Gypsy and then Magic Voice.
- Joel and the Bots pay tribute to actor Earl Holliman.Joel: Earl Holliman, who would have been William Shatner, if there had not already been one.
- As the Rip Taylor Trio, Joel and the Bots present their line of Eye Creature gags.
- After analyzing the movie, Joel and the Bots conclude that the movie crew just did not care. Then the Mads try to show that the film's director did care, but sadly he also just doesn't care.
The MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- Brain Bleach: The final scene with the Covert Pervert Scrappy Military Officers:Tom: Joel, I demand you take my head off.
- Call Back: The "Sessions presents...!" gag used as a Running Gag from Tormented makes a return for a couple of scenes.
- Eye Poke: Forrester attempts an old-fashioned two-finger Stooges poke on Frank after losing patience with him, but forgets that Frank can turn his plastic face shield down and winds up only injuring his hand.
- Genius Bonus: Upon seeing the movie title, Joel exclaims it's an anacoluthon. He's right: an anacoluthon is a syntactical inconsistency or incoherence within a sentence, like "Did you know that she-... I'm not sure."
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Tom during his queries about making out.Tom: Do you suck or blow?
- I Always Wanted to Say That: Joel says this word for word in one host segment after Servo wonders what it's like to kiss someone, and Joel unexpectedly complies.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: After inventing the Woodworker Ouija Board, the Mads announce that they'll invent "The Lathe of Heaven".
- Kill Them All: Crow begs the shotgun wielding old man to kill the entire cast.
- Pungeon Master: Joel and the Bots turn into those for the duration of the film. The density of eye puns is appeyeling.
- Rick Roll: Joel sings the now-infamous song as he sees a Rick Astley lookalike. Sometimes labeled the "world's first rickroll", as the episode in question aired in 1992 (Chrono Trigger came out 3 years later), back when the Internet was pretty much just for scientists and about a decade and a half before the birth of the meme.
- The poor, innocent trendsetter...
- Rooting for the Empire: Invoked Trope.Crow: I don't know about you, but I'm rooting for the Eye Creatures.
- Running Gag: At the expense of Susan's peculiar beehive hairdo.
- "I hate smoochers!" The first skit was even devoted to it.Joel (as the old man): Oh, oh! A single smoocher! The worst kind!
- Susan's hair gets mocked many, many times.
- "I hate smoochers!" The first skit was even devoted to it.
- The Scrappy: Servo immediately pegs Culver as "instantly the most unappealing character in film history".
- Sick and Wrong: Joel and the bots' reaction to the Air Force peepers' commander joining in on the peeping.Tom: Jeez, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is not as sick as this.Joel: This is sick.Crow: Joel, I need a shower.Tom: Oh, I refuse to watch this.
- Joel ends up apologizing for the rest of the male sex, and later, actually loses his cool, berating one character:Joel: (angry) You know what? You are one sick mamma-jamma.
- Joel ends up apologizing for the rest of the male sex, and later, actually loses his cool, berating one character:
- Special Effects Failure: Invoked and discussed. The entire last segment is Joel and the Bots ripping into the movie's many poor effects with "they just didn't care!" highlighting each one.
Tom: In fact, you couldn't have picked a nicer day to film a night sequence!
- Most prominently is how the movie was obviously shot at mostly daytime.
- Squick: Joel says "Ewwwwwwwwww" more in this film than all of the previous experiments combined.
- Crow: The the end! Let's let's go!