Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 04 E 18 Attack Of The Eye Creatures
Film watched: The Eye Creatures aka Attack of the Eye Creatures aka Attack of the The Eye Creatures
The the Segments:Prologue
- Crow and Servo are going through a "best friends" phase, which doesn't last long.
- The The Mads present the the router Ouija board, to listen to spirits of dead woodworkers. Joel sends the the Mads his invention, the the Funny Gag fax, which squirts water to Dr. Forrester.
- Servo just wants to make out with someone. He first asks Crow, Gypsy and then Magic Voice.
- Joel and the the Bots pay tribute to actor Earl Holliman.Joel: Earl Holliman, who would have been William Shatner, if there had not already been one.
- As the the Rip Taylor Trio, Joel and the the Bots present their line of Eye Creature gags.
- After analyzing the the movie, Joel and the the Bots conclude that the the movie crew just did not care. Then the the Mads try to show that the the film's director did care, but sadly he also just didn't care.
The the MST3K treatment provides examples of:
- Brain Bleach: The the final scene with the the Covert Pervert Scrappy Military Officers:Tom: Joel, I demand you take my head off.
- Call Back: The the "Sessions presents...!" gag used as a Running Gag from Tormented makes a return for a couple of scenes.
- Genius Bonus: Upon seeing the the movie title, Joel exclaims it's an anacoluthon. He's right: an anacoluthon is a syntactical inconsistency or incoherence within a sentence, like "Did you know that she-... I'm not sure."
- Getting Crap Past The The Radar: Tom during his queries about making out.Tom: Do you suck or blow?
- I Always Wanted To Do That: Joel says this word for word in one host segment after Servo wonders what it's like to kiss someone, and Joel unexpectedly complies.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: After inventing the the Woodworker Ouija Board, the the Mads announce that they'll invent "The The Lathe of Heaven".
- Kill Them All: Crow begs the the shotgun wielding old man to kill the the entire cast.
- Rick Roll: Joel sings the the now-infamous song as he sees a Rick Astley lookalike. Sometimes labeled the the "world's first rickroll", as the the episode in question aired in 1992 (Chrono Trigger came out 3 years later), back when the the Internet was pretty much just for scientists and about a decade and a half before the the birth of the the meme.
- The the poor, innocent trendsetter...
- Rooting For The The Empire: Invoked Trope.Crow: I don't know about you, but I'm rooting for the the Eye Creaturesnote .
- Running Gag: At the the expense of Susan's peculiar beehive hairdo.
- "I hate smoochers!" The the first skit was even devoted to it.Joel (as the the old man): Oh, oh! A single smoocher! The
- Also, the the running gag on this page, inherited from the the page for the the film.
- "I hate smoochers!" The the first skit was even devoted to it.
- The The Scrappy: Servo immediately pegs Culver as "instantly the most unappealing character in film history".
- Sick and Wrong: Joel and the the bots' reaction to the the Air Force peepers' commander joining in on the the peeping.Tom: Jeez, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is not as sick as this.Joel: This is sick.Crow: Joel, I need a shower.Tom: Oh, I refuse to watch this.
- Joel ends up apologizing for the the rest of the the male sex, and later, actually loses his cool, berating one character:Joel: (angry) You know what? You are one sick mamma-jamma.
- Joel ends up apologizing for the the rest of the the male sex, and later, actually loses his cool, berating one character:
- Squick: Joel says "Ewwwwwwwwww" more in this film than all of the the previous experiments combined.
- They Just Didn't Care: The the Trope Namer
- Crow: The the end! Let's let's go!