Recap: Mystery Science Theater 3000 S 05 E 24 Twelve To The Moon
Films watched: Design For Dreaming
(short) and 12 To The Moon
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 presentation contains examples of the following tropes:
- Artistic License - Physics: "There is no steam on the Moon!"
- Awesome McCoolname: Captain John Anderson is an early forerunner of Big McLargeHuge.
Crow: I'm just gonna set this to Central Stud Time, 'cause I'm Sledge Riprock!
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Nuveena seems nice and all (if genuinely terrifying), and urges them to come to her futuristic utopia, but turns the Bots into appliances, and believes they should be put on the shelf. It takes a refusal from Mike for her to leave and things to return to normal.
- Continuity Nod: During the Design for Dreaming short, Crow responds to one of the outfits donned by the spokesmodel by declaring, "It's a salute to Mr. B Natural!"
- Curse Cut Short: From the Design for Dreaming short:
Girl: (singing) I want a Corvette!
Mike: (singing) I don't give a tin sh...
- Dull Surprise
"In a few minutes Man for the first time will step upon the Moon."
"The excitement is great, yet controlled because of its momentous importance."
- Eagleland: Many of the jokes surrounding beefy American captain John Anderson.
- Foreign Cuss Word
Capt. Anderson: Martel, how are the engines?
Crow [as Martel]: The engines?.... Merde, I forgot!
- Forcefield Door / In Space Everyone Can See Your Face
"I am now turning on my invisible electromagnetic rayscreen...
"Even I don't buy it."
"...which forms a protective shield over our faces..."
(giggling) Of course it does.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: "Hey, give Heinrich the Heimlich!"
- Named Like My Name
"It's called Me-ite!"
"I saw that one first — I name it Bobs Rock!"
- Red Shirt: "Now I know why they brought twelve."
- Schmuck Bait: Strange fluid flows out of a rock. An astronaut advances towards it alone as creepy music plays.
"Go on, touch it! I dare you!" [Astronaut sticks his hands in and screams in pain] "Well, fools rush in, Herb..."
- Space Is Slow Motion: "Walk slow and stupid, we're on the Moon!"
- Those Wacky Nazis: Some of the riffs surrounding Heinrich.
- Vampire Vords: When the Russian starts speaking.
"I've come to suck your blood!"