Recap / Family Guy S 9 E 4 Halloween On Spooner Street
November 7, 2010
When Chris shows up in blackface to go out Halloween as Bill Cosby, Lois insists he change outfits. When she sees Peter taking several dozen eggs from the refrigerator she finds out that Peter and Joe are teamed up to execute a series of painful and humiliating Halloween pranks on Quagmire.
When Stewie becomes alarmed at the disguises of the trick-or-treaters, Brian shows Stewie the ropes of trick-or-treating. While trick-or-treating, Stewie encounters a gang of teenagers who steal his candy.
As Meg sets out to attend her first high school Halloween party with high hopes for the evening with her friends, Quagmire tells Peter and Joe that his Grandfather was a kamakazi pilot. The guys talk Joe into letting them ride along with him on an evening patrol.
Later, after Stewie locates Brian and takes him to the boys, Brian goes to talk to them and they spray paint him pink. Brian shocks Stewie by advocating violence in order to extract revenge. At the high school Halloween party, Meg gets chosen to play "spin-the-bottle" and gets to make out in a closet with a boy in an Optimus Prime costume. When they are interrupted by the rest of the party guests, they find that the boy making out with Meg is Chris.
When Joe goes off duty, Quagmire shows them a yard full of stored vintage planes, with a Japanese Zero that was able to fly and Quagmire takes the guys for a ride. Locating the boys that stole his candy, Stewie threatens them with a rocket launcher but is knocked off the roof when one of the boys throws a rock at him, launching his first rocket. When they are able to stop him from reloading his weapon, Stewie cries for his mom. Lois takes Stewie to the boy's house where she not only recovers Stewie's candy, but threatens the mother by demanding cash as well.
While flying over Quahog in the Zero, Quagmire appears to go into a trance and starts a kamakazi run on a ship in the harbor, screaming in Japanese and scaring Joe and Peter. Quagmire then stops and reveals that the whole thing was a setup and gloats that he finally pranked Joe and Peter after years of getting pranked by them. Stewie shares his candy with Brian, while Meg and Chris only admit to hooking up with a fellow high school student at the party.
"Halloween on Spooner Street" contains examples of (YMMV goes here):
- Brick Joke: Quagmire's prank.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Lois getting back Stewie's candy from Justin, the boy who stole it, immediately takes a turn for the dark as after she gets the candy back, she demands the mother give Justin's candy and then $40. When the mother replies she doesn't have $40, Lois says she'll be back for $80 and the welcome mat. Stewie himself quickly goes from thrilled to scared.
- Furry Reminder: Brian confuses his reflection for another dog, and knocks himself out trying to get "him". Then Peter comes along and makes the same mistake.
- Hypocritical Humor: Lois is outraged that Chris wants to go trick or treating in blackface and tells him to put on the Indian headgear she made for him.
- Mama Bear: Lois when she discovers that Stewie was robbed of his candy.
- Ping-Pong Na´vetÚ: Stewie nearly shoots several kids out of the belief that they're real monsters. When Brian expresses disbelief that he doesn't know about Halloween, Stewie retaliates by calling him out for his belief that his reflection is another dog.
- Squick: In-Universe: Chris and Meg freak during an unfortunate game of "Seven Minutes in Heaven".
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: One of the pranks pulled on Quagmire is him thinking he had sex with a woman who turns out to be Joe.
- Welcome to Hell: When Brian is painted pink, he gets sympathy from The Pink Panther.