Recap / Family Guy S 3 E 13 Screwed The Pooch
Original air date
: November 29, 2001
Peter's newfound bond with his father-in-law, millionare Carter Pewterschmidt, is tarnished when Brian impregnates Carter's prize-winning greyhound, Seabreeze.
This episode contains examples of:
- The Blank: Peter's poker face.
- Bow Chicka Wow Wow: Stewie does this after Brian runs out onto a greyhound track and violates Seabreeze.
- Cold Turkeys Are Everywhere: Despite his best efforts, Brian can't escape numerous temptations to satisfy his primal sexual urges, such as channel surfing to FOX's "World's Sluttiest Dogs" and Carter giving a very sexualized description of Seabreeze. He finally submits when he sees Seabreeze race and is so overcome with passion that he runs onto the track and grabs her to have sex.
- Don't Explain the Joke: Lampshaded when Peter is playing poker with Carter and his friends. When Peter is asked if aces are high or low, he responds that they go both ways. Everyone laughs.
Ted Turner: Like a bisexual!
Michael Eisner: Thank you Ted, that was the joke.
- Funny Background Event: A serious conversation between Lois and Brian becomes completely secondary to the fact that Peter has just farted in the soundproof booth he has locked himself in, and is increasingly desperate to escape his own gas before collapsing into unconsciousness.
- Headphones Equal Isolation: Brian testifies in court that Meg's real father is a man named Stan Thompson. Unfortunately Meg is listening to music at the time and remains oblivious.
- Insane Troll Logic: Carter's lawyers try to prove that Brian is an unfit father.
Lawyer: Mr. Griffin, which of the following two phrases best describes Brian Griffin: Problem Drinker or African-American Haberdasher?
Peter: Uh, do I-I guess problem drinker, but that's uh-
Lawyer: Thank you. Now: Sexual deviant or magic picture that if you stare at it long enough, you see something?
Peter: Well, sexual deviant, but that other one's not even, eh-
Lawyer: Thank you.
- Interspecies Romance: Seabreeze apparently had puppies with Ted Turner.
- Kangaroo Pouch Ride: Peter climbs into the pouch of a kangaroo. The results can be seen in that page image.
- Late to the Punchline: Peter spends days standing by a newspaper stand staring at a cartoon in The New Yorker (with the caption "I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic") before he finally gets it. He notes it's "kind of funny," before returning the magazine and getting a copy of Juggs.
- Pinocchio Nose: Peter knows Ted Turner is bluffing when he blinks twice; he first noticed it after watching a Barbara Walters interview, when Ted said he'd be with Jane Fonda forever.