'''Original air date''': November 29, 2001
Peter's newfound bond with his father-in-law, millionare Carter Pewterschmidt, is tarnished when Brian impregnates Carter's prize-winning greyhound, Seabreeze.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* AreYouPonderingWhatImPondering: After Brian takes Seabreeze, an angry Carter asks if Peter knows what he's going to do to him if he doesn't find that dog. Peter has an idea: Carter destroying the macaroni drawing he made of the two of them.
* BittersweetEnding: Seabreeze's puppies not being Brian's saves him from being neutered, but he's disappointed that he won't get to be a dad.
* TheBlank: Peter's [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvlbhfeBd8 poker face]].
* BowChickaWowWow: Stewie does this after Brian runs out onto a greyhound track and violates Seabreeze.
* BlackComedyRape: As Seabreeze is a canine and therefore not a human, the rape is primarily PlayedForLaughs. Also Turner having sex with Seabreeze is also used for comedy.
* ColdTurkeysAreEverywhere: Despite his best efforts, Brian can't escape numerous temptations to satisfy his primal sexual urges, such as channel surfing to FOX's "World's Sluttiest Dogs" and Carter giving a very sexualized description of Seabreeze. He finally submits when he sees Seabreeze race and is so overcome with passion that he runs onto the track and grabs her to have sex.
* DontExplainTheJoke: Lampshaded when Peter is playing poker with Carter and his friends. When Peter is asked if aces are high or low, he responds that they go both ways. Everyone laughs.
-->'''Ted Turner''': Like a bisexual!
-->'''Michael Eisner''': Thank you Ted, that was the joke.
* TheFriendNobodyLikes: Ted Turner is depicted as such.
* FriendOrIdolDecision: What Brian did damages Peter's newfound good relationship with Carter. Carter is outraged, but he later offers to invite Peter to another poker game if he testifies against Brian. Peter is conflicted, but he ultimately sides with Brian.
* FunnyBackgroundEvent: A serious conversation between Lois and Brian becomes completely secondary to the fact that Peter has just farted in the soundproof booth he has locked himself in, and is increasingly desperate to escape his own gas before collapsing into unconsciousness.
* FurryReminder: Invoked. Brian doesn't want to acknowledge his instincts as a dog and is humiliated when he has to trick a normal dog into turning around just so he can smell her butt.
* GoneHorriblyRight: Peter went into a soundproof booth to be able to completely ignore Brian. Peter couldn't hear a thing, but that meant Brian and Lois couldn't hear him as he suddenly realized he was running out of air and tried to escape.
* HeadphonesEqualIsolation: Brian testifies in court that Meg's real father is a man named Stan Thompson. Unfortunately Meg is listening to music at the time and remains oblivious.
* HopeSpot: Peter wins over Carter during the poker game, and they become friends. Then they go to the race track, where Brian sees Seabreeze in action...
* InsaneTrollLogic: Carter's lawyers try to prove that Brian is an unfit father.
-->'''Lawyer''': Mr. Griffin, which of the following two phrases best describes Brian Griffin: Problem Drinker or African-American Haberdasher?
-->'''Peter''': Uh, do I-I guess problem drinker, but that's uh-
-->'''Lawyer''': Thank you. Now: Sexual deviant or magic picture that if you stare at it long enough, you see something?
-->'''Peter''': Well, sexual deviant, but that other one's not even, eh-
-->'''Lawyer''': Thank you.
* InterspeciesRomance: Seabreeze apparently had puppies with Ted Turner.
* ItWasHisSled: This episode is the TropeNamer. Brian says Peter got banned from the video store for taping over their movies, such as ''Film/CitizenKane''.
-->"It's his sled. It was his sled from when he was a kid. There, I just saved you two long, boobless hours."
* KangarooPouchRide: Peter climbs into the pouch of a kangaroo. The results can be seen in that page image.
* LateToThePunchline: Peter spends days standing by a newspaper stand staring at a cartoon in ''Magazine/TheNewYorker'' (with the caption "I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic") before he finally gets it. He notes it's "kind of funny," before returning the magazine and getting a copy of ''Juggs''.
* OddFriendship: Peter forms one not just with Carter, but also Bill Gates and Michael Eisner.
* PinocchioNose: Peter knows Ted Turner is bluffing when he blinks twice; he first noticed it after watching a Barbara Walters interview, when Ted said he'd be with Creator/JaneFonda forever.
* ReachingBetweenTheLines: One cutaway gag involves Peter getting an email from Carter, which contains Carter's fist punching him out of his chair.
* TakeThat: Carter's lawyer damages Brian's credibility in court by pointing out how he rented ''Film/BioDome'' and ''Film/SonInLaw''.
* WhaleEgg: Averted, but Peter admits he always thought dogs laid eggs.