Toggle Random Buttons
Browse the Tropes
Ask the Tropers
Recent Page Type Changes
Ask The Tropers
You Know That Show...
Trope Launch Pad
Crime & Punishment
Music And Sound Effects
Characters As Device
Laws And Formulas
Truth And Lies
Truth In Television
Fate And Prophecy
You need to
to do this.
if you don't have an account
History Recap / FamilyGuyS3E13ScrewedThePooch
Back To: Recap / FamilyGuyS3E13ScrewedThePooch
15th Apr '16 10:23:11 AM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
'''Original air date''': November 29, 2001
Peter finally bonds with his father-in-law but then Brian violates the Pewterschmidts' prize-winning greyhound, Seabreeze.
!!This episode contains examples of:
* TheBlank: Peter's [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvlbhfeBd8 poker face]].
* BowChickaWowWow: Stewie does this after Brian runs out onto a greyhound track and violates Seabreeze.
* DontExplainTheJoke: Lampshaded when Peter is playing poker with Carter and his friends. When Peter is asked if aces are high or low, he responds that they go both ways. Everyone laughs.
-->'''Ted Turner''': Like a bisexual!
-->'''Michael Eisner''': Thank you Ted, that was the joke.
* FunnyBackgroundEvent: A serious conversation between Lois and Brian becomes completely secondary to the fact that Peter has just farted in the soundproof booth he has locked himself in, and is increasingly desperate to escape his own gas before collapsing into unconsciousness.
* HeadphonesEqualIsolation: Brian testifies in court that Meg's real father is a man named Stan Thompson. Unfortunately Meg is listening to music at the time and remains oblivious.
* InsaneTrollLogic: Carter's lawyers try to prove that Brian is an unfit father.
-->'''Lawyer''': Mr. Griffin, which of the following two phrases best describes Brian Griffin: Problem Drinker or African-American Haberdasher?
-->'''Peter''': Uh, do I-I guess problem drinker, but that's uh-
-->'''Lawyer''': Thank you. Now: Sexual deviant or magic picture that if you stare at it long enough, you see something?
-->'''Peter''': Well, sexual deviant, but that other one's not even, eh-
-->'''Lawyer''': Thank you.
* InterspeciesRomance: Seabreeze apparently had puppies with Ted Turner.
* KangarooPouchRide: Peter climbs into the pouch of a kangaroo. The results can be seen in that page image.
* LateToThePunchline: Peter spends days standing by a newspaper stand staring at a cartoon in ''Magazine/TheNewYorker'' (with the caption "I'd be more apathetic if I weren't so lethargic") before he finally gets it. He notes it's "kind of funny," before returning the magazine and getting a copy of ''Juggs''.
* PinocchioNose: Peter knows Ted Turner is bluffing when he blinks twice; he first noticed it after watching a Barbara Walters interview, when Ted said he'd be with Creator/JaneFonda forever.
This list shows the last 1 events of 1.