Stephen Lynch is a musical comedian/actor noted for audacious
Tropes associated with Stephen Lynch include:
- Affably Evil: "Beelz", which portrays Satan as a Sissy Villain.
- Anti-Love Song
- Anti Christ: According to the song Beelz
"To spread my evil ways I went to Earth and had a son/And now he makes his living as a singing comedieeeeen."
- Ass Shove: "Gerbil"
If Richard Gere can do it I can too!
- Audience Participation Song: When performing "Superhero", Stephen usually invites the audience to come up with their own superheroes. The suggestions tend to get... inventive.
- Bad Angel, Bad Angel: "Voices In My Head"
- Caught with Your Pants Down: "Talk to Me, Dad" is on the subject.
Well it seems last night you caught me spankin' it // No use denyin' it, I was really crankin' it...
- Craig And Jesus: Evidently, Jesus had a brother named Craig, a party animal and BFF of Judas.
- Descent Into Darkness Song: Several songs. "Superhero" starts with describing various superheroes kids might want to be before turning into a diatribe against his unfaithful wife who now lives in Hawaii with a doctor, dumping him with three kids and no job. For those interested - song here.
- I'm Going to Hell for This: Repeatedly states this between verses on "Special Olympics". The fact that he has others sing along with him means that everyone else is going down with him.
- Lyrical Dissonance: Every. Fucking. Song.
- My Sister Is Off Limits: "Best Friend's Song" subverts this. Mark Teich is fine with Lynch sleeping with his sister... he just has to pay first.
- The radio version has him glossing over this to make one thing clear - he does NOT like Julia Roberts movies.
- Nerds Are Virgins: "D&D" ends with the line "Virgins till the day we die!"
- Pedophile Priest: "Priest" is a song of a priest barely trying to resist his urges.
- Protest Song: Played with in "America."
- Starbucks Skin Scale: Used in the song "Vanilla Ice Cream".
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: "Special Ed".
I thought college life was great,
Ed couldn't count from one to two!
- Take That: Pretty much alll of "Beelz".
- Those Wacky Nazis: "Little Tiny Moustache".