lynch. is a Japanese Alternative Metal / Metalcore band formed in 2004. Formed by ex-Deathgaze vocalist Hazuki, the band is part of the Nagoya kei scene. The band has released eight full-length albums, three EPs and fifteen singles. The band was signed to the independent label Marginal Works in 2004 and signed to CLJ Records in 2007. In 2011 they switched labels from Marginal Works to the major Japanese label King Records.Formerly a Visual Kei band, the band has since opted for a less dramatic post-Visual Kei image and sound in recent years. They were part of the Second wave of Visual Kei bands.
- Hazuki (葉月) – Lead vocals (2004-present), bass (2004-2006, 2017-present, studio only)
- Reo (玲央) – Lead guitar, backing vocals (2004-present)
- Yusuke (悠介) – Rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2006-present)
- Asanao (晁直) – Drums (2004-present)
- Akinori (明徳) - Bass, backing vocals (2010-2016)
- Yukino (ゆきの) – Bass (2004-2006, 2017)
- Hikaru (光輝) – Bass (2006-2007)
- Junji (淳児) – Bass (2007-2010)
- Ryo – Bass (2017)
- Hitoki – Bass (2017)
- Natsuki – Bass (2017)
- Greedy Dead Souls (April 20, 2005)
- The Avoided Sun (April 25, 2007)
- The Buried (November 7, 2007)
- SHADOWS (July 8, 2009)
- I Believe in Me (June 1, 2011)
- Inferiority Complex (June 27, 2012)
- D.A.R.K. -In the name of evil- (October 7, 2015)
- AVANTGARDE (September 14, 2016)
- underneath the skin (November 16, 2005)
- EXODUS - EP (August 14, 2013)
- SINNERS - EP (May 31, 2017)
Tropes that apply to lynch.
- all lowercase letters: The band's name.
- Badass Baritone: Hazuki.
- Badass Longcoat: The band's members has worn them in some form or another.
- Bishōnen/Biseinen: Like all Visual Kei bands, the members of the band.
- Darker and Edgier: They're punkier and edgier than most Japanese alternative acts.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Hazuki, at times.
- Genre Roulette
- Genre Shift: They've moved away from the traditional melodic Deathcore style of their early period to a more mainstream-friendly Metalcore sound.
- Gratuitous English: Some of their material have these, notably "59" from greedy dead souls, "I Don't Know Where I Am" and the title track from SHADOWS, the title tracks of I Believe in Me and Inferiority Complex, and a majority of the tracks from EXODUS - EP.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Everyone in the band, during their early period. Still appears from time to time in recent years.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Hazuki is known for doing crazy things with his hair.
- Lead Bassist: Akinori is a Type A and Type B.
- Subverted with Hazuki. While he does play bass in the studio, he does not play live, instead relying on touring members to fill the role.
- Metal Scream: Hazuki does his throaty, mid-range screams well. Akinori's are a close second.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Generally around 4 to 8, with earlier releases going up to 9.
- Rearrange the Song: Some of their recent singles have re-recorded versions of their earlier material. Their tenth-anniversary album have some of these sprinkled in as well.
- Shout-Out: To Dir en grey. The slogan "Japanese Zombie Heroez" appears from time to time in their music videos.
- Soprano and Gravel
- Special Guest: Sinners - EP featured a number of famous VK bassists, such as J from Luna Sea and Kuroyume's Hitoki.
- Trope Codifier: For Nagoya Kei along with bands such as Kuroyume and Hazuki's former band Deathgaze.