Memes: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Despite being a cruel deconstruction
of the Magical Girl
genre,(or possibly because of it) Puella Magi Madoka Magica
has generated a surprising amount of memes
. Because being meguca is suffering...
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. [[labelnote:Explanation]]The explanation behind the meme, if necessary.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
- ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DON'T STOP◊ Explanation
- Deny the obvious, uphold the inane! Explanation
- HEADCHOMP and variations. Explanation (major spoilers!)
- MAMI MOGU MOGU. Explanation (major spoilers!)
- OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
- Headless Mami. There's more merchandise of her than you can shake a musket at.
- Even the ANN has made a crack at this scene when announcing that Mami would adorn her own cake starting in April 2012: The Mami figure is not edible.
- And when a Charlotte plush toy measuring at 4 feet was announced in October 2013: Let's just say it's big enough that someone's head could fit in its mouth.
- Fanartists have developed a streak of Black Comedy when it comes to depicting Mami post episode 3, in particular showing her with Celty (Link has NSFW advertisements.).
- The victim of that scene has practically verbified; "to Mami" can now mean to Off with His Head!.
- I WANT MY HEAD BACK
- Even the Japanese voice cast has had their fun with it; in a subtitled foreword that they gave before international showings of the films, Kaori Mizuhashi, who voiced Mami, is given the title of "Head of Shocking Events"
- Kyubey stares into your soul. /人◕‿‿◕人\\ Explanation (with spoilers!)
- In Japan (real life), you eat cake. In Soviet Russia (magical world), cake eats YOU!! Explanation (Episode 3 spoiler)
- I r in ur magical anime, KILLIN UR MAGICAL GIRLZ. Explanation (major spoilers!)
- Because of the general depressing and horrific nature of the show, the "MORNING RESCUE" Japanese commercial that a certain fansubbing group left in has been the only thing considered as a safe haven. Taken to its logical conclusion. (Spoilers in both links!)
- NOW SHE'S LOST IT / SHE KNOWS SHE CAN KILL Explanation (major spoilers!)
- You thought it was a cute girl? Too bad! It was just Sayaka-chan! Explanation
- "being meguca is suffering..." Explanation
- Some lines from the Meduka Meguca "series" have become particularly memetic:
- "mumi why" Explanation
- "do not throw souls!" Explanation
- Referring to Walpurgis Night as "Brazilian Night" and rendering her laugh as "huehuehuehuehue huahuahuahuahua".Explanation
- "being _____ is suffering..." Explanation
- We need to go wider.◊ WIIIIIIIDER. Explanation
- Homerun-chan Explanation
- Homu homu Explanation
- Homura, for one reason or another, is often drawn with cat ears. Sometimes this spills over into a full-blown Little Bit Beastly portrayal.
- Might be an Ascended Meme as in the Halloween event of the online game Madoka Magica Online Homura is using a cat costume◊.
- After people clamoring over the Fridge Logic/Horror of Sayaka's body still being in that hotel room: Weekend at Sayaka's.
- Episode 11 softens it somewhat: It's shown that her body was found.
- "If I wished for it, would Kyubey let me fuck him/her/it?", accompanied by a cropped image of Kyubey porn. And yes, not only does it exist, there is also a disturbing large amount of it.
- Misspelling "Walpurgis Night", e.g. Whatsburger Night, Walmart Night, Walrus Night, Walt Disney Night, Brazilian Night, Waluigi Night, Walgreens Night...
- "That won't be necessary" Explanation
- ZA WARUDO! Explanation (spoilers!)
- In Episode 4, Madoka finds Hitomi being controlled by a witch. When Madoka attempts to run away, Hitomi stops her by slamming her in the stomach. Now most fanart with her in it somehow involve tummy punching.
- After the finale came out in April 2011, there's suddenly a lot of noise about NAKED LESBIAN SPACE HUGS and Magodka/Godoka/Madokami.
- The Church of Madoka/Madoka died for your sins./Do you accept Madoka as your Lord and Savior?
- I am Penitent Gretchen, or rather, Kriemhild Gretchen as she should have been. Explanation (major spoilers!)
- The finale is often referred to as End of Madoka due to the similarities between End of Evangelion and it. Somewhat.
- Madoka Old Spice Explanation
- Unlimited _____ Works Explanation
- On that last one: Unlimited Explosives Don't Work
- The Perverted Homura - (NSFW)Explanation
- Then after the finale, a whole slew of fanart appeared depicting goddess!Madoka turning the tables on Homura, usually by using her omniscience to peep on her.
- Then comes the Movie Rebellion, it completely turns around on goddess!Madoka when devil!Homura captures and usurps her position as god.
- Tiro Finale (Physical) note
- Mami's mammies. note
- LOVE ME DO! ＼( *´ 3`*)／ note
- Poorfag/Poor-chan and Failurefag. Poor-chan in particular has gotten fanart, comics, Puella Magi and witch forms, shipped with Mami or Kyouko, and a series of stories on 4Chan about her Perpetual Poverty. note
- There's a chance that the animator intended to draw a Libretto W100 folding tablet.
- Cake Planet. note
- I was... such a fool/I was... such an idiot: Explanation (spoilers!)
- Yeah, it's that kind of show. Explanation
- You're mine Madoka, mine, mine, mine. Explanation
- Mami is forever alone/lonely Mami is lonely. Explanation
- Girls can't love girls! Explanation
- It's become quite common for fanart to depict Madoka as a white harp seal, or "Gomadoka/Sealdoka" (a pun off "goma", the Japanese word for spotted seal).
- Less known are Homuotter, Dolphin Sayaka, Penguin Kyoko, and Jellyfish Mami.
- "homura resets the timeline" Explanation (spoilers!)
- Madoka is the Evangelion of anime. Explanation
- Thanks to SF Debris, "Bunnycat is a dick" is gaining traction.
- ORIKO WAS RIGHT Explanation
- If Oriko was right, why did she wear a bucket on her head? Explanation
- What do I look like, a fucking miracle worker? Explanation
- PEDO MAMI Explanation