Creator: Ume Aoki
Sanarara (Nekoneko Soft) and Apricot+ for various doujinshi she makes. She also provides the voice for her 'caterpillar' persona in the anime version of Hidamari Sketch. Aoki also provided the original character designs for the anime production, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, developed by Shaft.
Works Made by/worked on by Ume Aoki:
- Hidamari Sketch: Original manga, and also did the voice of Ume-sensei in the anime version of it.
- Tetsunagi Kooni: Original manga.
- Sanarara: Character design/artwork
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Original character design
- Two Smiling Faces: Story and art.
- Mado No Mukogawa: Original manga.
Tropes associated with Ume Aoki:
- Break the Cutie: Her reactions to Gen Urobuchi's trolling◊ during the production of Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
- Older Than They Look: She's not any taller than Yuno. In the Puella Magi Madoka Magica Blu-Ray commentary Chiwa Saito asked her and Aoi Yuuki (who's shorter than Ume) to form a "minimum squad."
- One of Us: Is an enormous fan of the Monster Hunter series. Her caterpillar persona is also clearly based on Metapod.
- Puni Plush: Her art style.
- Super-Deformed: Her distinctive "widefaces."
- Yuri Fan: She has publicly admitted she ships Homura X Madoka and Kyouko X Sayaka, from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.