"No trying to be cool while you're stroking your dick!"My Balls
(Oretama in Japanese) by Shigemitsu Harada: The fate of the world rests on one man's shoulders. Or, to put it more precisely, it rests in his right testicle.
Emmaniel, the Queen of Terror, is a demon on her way to destroy the world. Then, in an accident involving an angel, a Soul Jar
and a stream of urine, she is sealed away
inside the right testicle of perennial loser (and virgin) Satou Kouta. The angel informs him that if she remains sealed for the entire month, the world will avoid destruction. The only way for Kouta to keep her sealed is to not ejaculate for one month, or she'll escape. Thus Kouta must resist temptation for a full month, lest the world be destroyed.
He spends the remainder of the series fighting off dozens of Horny Devils
on a mission to free the Queen of Terror, as well as the nigh-unstoppable advances from the hot co-worker he's had a huge crush on. Hilarity Ensues
Although this manga is not technically classified as hentai
in the sense that FAR less explicit content has
been treated as hentai), it deliberately skirts as closely as possible while still being publishable in a mainstream magazine. Be prepared for some extremely
raunchy, explicit and hilarious content if you read it.Characters:
See also Yuria 100 Shiki
, the previous work by the author. Not to be confused with "Ow, My Balls!!"
, Show Within a Show
My Balls provides examples of:
- A-Cup Angst: Elyse. It's actually something of a plot point
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Kohta cannot even do that as it might release Emmaniel.
- Anatomically Impossible Sex: Despite the lurid amount of detail on the various workings and characteristics of the sexual reproduction organs, the series seems rather insistent on presenting the testicles full of ready-made semen.
- Art Shift: Frequently shifts to Chibi / Kewpie Doll Surprise (complete with flailing arms) when Elyse gets flustered.
- Attack Its Weak Point: The pentagram marking on a demon.
- Babies Ever After: The last page of the series (besides the humorous 4 page epilogue) shows Kouta and Elyse's children talking about how their mother was a demon, and their father saved the world. No one believes them.
- Bandage Babe: Isabella the Dead.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: averted.
- Battle in the Center of the Mind: What happens between Kouta, Elyse, Emmanuel and Satan is pretty much like that.
- Benevolent Boss: Kohta's boss not only takes him out for a drink multiple times, but he also pays for a prostitute and for some time in a strip club. In ANY other situation Kohta would be in heaven.
- Bland-Name Product: The beer that Minayo likes to drink is "Badweiser". Kouta and Elyse visit "Mousey Land." Not to mention "Hage Dazee"
- Blessed with Suck/Cursed with Awesome: Kouta's condition means females are throwing themselves at him now, but he can't actually make it with any of them. (He's a masochist so that's a semi-bonus to him.)
- Break His Heart to Save Him: Elyse tries this, and instead of the desired effect Humanity Ensues.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Elyse can't admit her true feelings towards Kouta. Eventually, she does, of course.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin' : Elyse is always interrupted while busy with Kouta.
- Can't Have Sex, Ever: Arguably the premise of the manga. "Arguably" because Kouta somehow ends up having sex quite a few times without invoking the "escape clause."
- Caught with Your Pants Down: Obviously.
- Cold Turkeys Are Everywhere: Everything in the universe has aimed itself at Kouta to make him do the one thing he must not do.
- Contract with a Demon: Kouta gets Elyse to help him via one; the latter gains control over his soul as a result, which basically amounts to controlling his body while he's unconscious.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: Elyse wears one.
- Cute Monster Girl: Tons of them.
- Declaration of Protection: When Kouta says this to Elyse, it makes her even more crazy because she already won't admit to herself that she has fallen in love with him, a mere mortal human.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Kouta essentially sexually dominates The Queen of Terror while she is trapped inside his testicle so he can relieve the sperm buildup.
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Jack Daniels: Minayo turns into a raging nymphomaniac when drunk.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Inverted. Kouta's junk is made to look like the shark from Jaws anytime Elyse pulls it out of his pants because it scares her.
- Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male: Somewhat mitigated by the fact that Kohta would happily accept.
- Drop Dead Gorgeous: Isabella the Dead, or maybe not.
- Dude, She's Like in a Coma: Kouta does this twice, first to Minayo in a drunken stupor, then to an unconscious Elyse during the full moon. With plenty lame rationalizations about it. Elyse can be said to do it pretty much every time Kohta is sleeping.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Satan, most of the time.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: Ares the Reaper.
- Erotic Dream: Emmaniel tries raping Kouta in his dream in order to escape; it doesn't work since he wakes up too fast.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Titles don't get less subtle than this.
- Fanservice: Just about any female.
- First Girl Wins: Subverted. At first Kouta is only interested in chasing Minayo, but eventually realizes and admits his feelings for Elyse.
- Foreshadowing: Near the end of Chapter 2, Kouta starts seeing Elyse naked because he is starting to have feelings for her even though they are enemies at that time. Guess what is the OTP by the end of the manga.
- Gender Flip: Satan.
- Generation Xerox: Kohta's mother apparently once had a demon sealed inside her uterus.
- God Is Good: Though shackled by the letter of His own laws, He generally ensures that things work out for the best.
- Good Angel, Bad Angel: To be more precise, Dere-dere Angel and Tsun-tsun Angel.
- Good with Numbers: Subverted. He's not very good at the 7 row.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Minayo goes from demure coworker and would-be girlfriend into unstoppable nymphomaniac after only a drink or two. Of course she usually has a drink or two before meeting Kohta.
- Heel-Face Turn; Elyse and Irene. In the final issue, Satan decides to shack up with Michael. Yep.
- Horny Devils: All of them so far.
- Hot as Hell: Satan is a woman. What's more, Satan is very sexy.
- Humanity Is Advanced: In a non-alien twist. Upon Hell deciding to just ignore Kouta and attack Earth instead of trying to release Emmaniel, The Archangel declares that war between the humans and devils would destroy humanity... But because of science and reproduction, humanity would take down the magical Devils with them in mutually assured destruction.
- The Immodest Orgasm: Near the end, young!Michael and Satan have sex with the purpose of purifying her; this trope happens, including a Pillar of Light.
- Improvised Weapon: Condensed milk and lotion. Breast milk.
- Inconsistent Dub: In the final chapter Irene appears in, she's referred to as Alice.
- Invisibility: Ash the Invisible.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Subverted; because Elyse won't admit her feelings for Kouta, she tries to make him miserable. Of course he likes the abuse...
- I Was Quite a Looker: Michael.
- Kavorka Man: Kohta, whether by magical influence or not.
- Large Ham: Emmaniel, during the pregnancy chapter.
- Lawyer-Friendly Cameo: Angel*** Jolie in Chapter 28.
- Level-Up at Intimacy 5 would explain the "process" better.
- Magical Girlfriend - Once Kohta stops pining after Minayo and goes for Elyse.
- Mistaken for Pregnant: Emmaniel claims that she is in an attempt to get out. After some... up-close inspection on Kouta's part and confession by the Queen, her ruse is found out.
- Oh Crap: Kouta escapes a pair of rather smitten women while being chased by a devil with arrows much like Cupid's. He manages to flee and make his way on to a train. Right in the car for use by women only.
- Ojou Ringlets: What Elyse's horns become when she is in a human form.
- One-Gender Race: All the devils shown are female, even Satan! Averted in the case of the angels, as of the two angels we've seen, there was one of each gender.
- Painting the Medium: In chapter 26 Elyse speaks in random icons that Kouta calls demonese, it's "so scary".
- Pillar of Light: A few times, most notably when Emmaniel manifests or when Michael sexes up Satan in the penultimate chapter.
- Pixellation: To prevent the target demographic from being exposed to Kouta's... thing.
- Power Perversion Potential: Most of the devil's powers are actually based on this.
- Really 700 Years Old: Elyse and a few other demons.
- Sealed Evil in a Can
- Serious Business: Premise.
- Share the Male Pain: When Emmaniel's arm comes out of Kohta's penis.
- Shown Their Work: Sometimes, it can seem as if this manga is a shameless plug for a health textbook.
- Squee: Irene's reaction to Kohta confessing to Elyse.
- Stripperific: Elyse.
- Tempting Fate: Kouta wandered on to holy ground to find a place to take a leak. He may as well have been holding up a metal rod and begging for lightning to come down while he was doing it.
- Timed Mission: Kouta has to make it without ejaculating until August 1st.
- Took a Level in Badass: Kouta in the hours leading up to the deadline.
- Too Kinky to Torture: In this case however, it plays into the hands of the baddies.
- Too Many Belts: Lady Emmaniels costume is made of this... and some strategically placed shadows.
- Tsundere: Elyse. Parodied in chapter 38, where the tsun- and -dere sides of her personalities start arguing and Elyse shoos them away. She then remarks that "it's not like she enjoys being tsundere".
- Weaksauce Weakness: Touching a demon's pentagram.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: The epilogue.
- Widget Series
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Humanity is finally safe... except that Elyse is a demon and Kouta has realized he loves her. Now he only has a week to make her admit she loves him too (and thus cause her to become human to invoke the "safety clause" that keeps humanity safe for the week).
- Zettai Ryouiki: Baphomet; Elyse during her "date".