She still has her fame; he still has his desire to hit people with a bat.
"Work's been kinda slow since cartoons went to color. But I've still got it Eddie! Boop boop be doop (hic!)"
spoken by someone who thought they were out of practice at something, but when doing it again for the first time in a while, find out that they are in fact still good at it. Occasionally subverted, when it first seems
that the character has succeeded, but has in fact failed.
open/close all folders
Anime And Manga
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
[A batarang flies across the length of the Batcave, neatly decapitates a mannequin of Two-Face, and returns to Bruce's hand]
Bruce Wayne: Still got it.
Lightning McQueen: Doc, hold it! Seriously, your driving's incredible!
Doc Hudson: Wonderful. Now go away.
Lightning McQueen: Hey, I mean it. You've still got it!
Zini: "Girls, I'm known as the 'professor of love' and school's in session." Yeah, I still got it.
Master Splinter: We must do this more often, Ee-yah! [kicks demon back into vortex] I still got it!
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Betty Boop: Work's been kinda slow since cartoons went to color. But I still got it, Eddie! "Boop-boop-be-doop-*boop*!"
Eddie Valiant: Yeah. You still got it.
- Dracula: Dead and Loving It has Van Helsing saying this after successfully making ten out of ten med students pass out during an autopsy.
- In Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, the mayor says "He's still got it, folks," as Brent strips off his tracksuit in one deft motion to reveal his Baby Brent get-up beneath.
- The mother in Spy Kids, after successfully using the laser in her wedding ring to cut through the ropes tying her to a chair.
- Barrin utters this in one of the Magic: The Gathering novels after safely scouring a Phyrexian plague ship.
Live Action TV
- Bones episode "The Tough Man in the Tender Chicken"
Dr. Brennan: You noticed something. See? You still got it.
- How I Met Your Mother
- Arrested Development episode "Spring Breakout"
[Re: Their mother's attractiveness]
Buster: Mom's still got it!
- Doctor Who episode "New Earth"
Cassandra (in Rose's body): Mmm, aren't you just? [kisses The Doctor playfully. Breathing somewhat heavily] T-ter-terminal's this way. [walks away, fanning her face as if warm]
The Doctor (recently regenerated, as in two episodes back): [looks at her, disoriented; finally, in squeaky voice] Yep. Still got it.
- Happy Days
Ralph Malph: I've still got it!
- Star Trek: Voyager episode "Live Fast and Prosper"
Neelix: [to Paris after they pull off a magic trick] We've still got it!
- The Brendan Leonard Show
Brendan Leonard: [getting sprayed with water playing croquet] In the face of adversity, I still got it.
- Doonesbury: As Zonker shows him his new crop of weed (grown in prevision of Proposition 19 being passed in California), Zipper comments "You've still got it!"
- WrestleMania VII
- Another pro wrestling example: Fans will often show their appreciation for older veteran wrestlers that can still perform well in the ring by chanting "You still got it." Sting, being a big fan favorite from the old NWA and WCW days, gets this all the time in TNA.
- Ricky Steamboat vs. Chris Jericho proved this for Ricky too.
- More recent examples include Booker T at the 2011 Royal Rumble (his first WWE appearance since 2007) and Road Dogg at the 2012 Royal Rumble (his first WWE appearance since 2002). Needless to say, "ring rust" was no problem for them.
- Chris Jericho got this chant at Royal Rumble 2013. His response? "I never lost it, baby!"
- It is universally agreed upon that even after Shawn was out of the ring for four years, he never lost his touch. Shawn dominated nearly two decades of Match of the Year up until his retirement.
- In his most recent run, Goldust, in teaming with his brother, has put in arguably some of the best work of his career, easily eclipsing the later years of his previous WWE run.
- Stephanie McMahon, despite being one of the most hated heels of all time, got cheers and a "You still got it!" chant when she wrestled her first match in over ten years at SummerSlam 2014.
- Grim Fandango has Manny say this near the endgame, after Manny (a travel agent of the undead by trade) convinces Celso and his wife to accept Hector's offer for a Number 9 train ticket by recounting his perilous adventures through the Land of the Dead.
- One line Jolee Bindo's battle speech is "Still got it."
- Kaiba says this after defeating Pegasus in Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Movie.
- Sarge still got the ability to build cardbord cut-outs of soldiers, then pretend to be a cut-out himself and surprise the enemy.