The Prison Dimension is Exactly What It Says on the Tin
: Another Dimension
that is largely used for the sole purpose of imprisoning someone or something.
Has shades of Pocket Dimension
and Tailor-Made Prison
. See also Phantom Zone
Examples of this trope include:
open/close all folders
Live Action TV
- Angel has a few examples:
- A dimension where Ax-Crazy Straw Mysogynist Billy Blim was trapped until Angel was blackmailed by Wolfram & Hart into breaking him out.
- A "holding dimension" described as the Senior Partners' version of a penalty box that resembles a US suburban town, in which inmates are stripped of their memories, spend time with a fake family, and then have their hearts cut out by a demon in a vicious cycle.
- Smallville has its own twist on the Phantom Zone, in which it is typically only the very worst criminals (such as General Zod) who are reduced to phantoms.
- Ben 10 has the Null Void, which was originally a penal colony created by the Galvan to house their own prisoners, but soon the rest of the universe, including the Plumbers, found out and used it as well.