Page-bottom layout change on the way. Details here.
Causes no change to editing/formatting of articles. This is just FYI.
The Power of Friendship
is one of the strongest things in the world. Sometimes, however, it's not enough. What's the best way to really capitalize on a friendship? Break out in song about it, of course.
This is essentially a song that explains about the how the friendship between two or more characters keeps them together and never lets them fall apart.
This may be a Sidekick Song
. Compare Silly Love Song
Film - Animated
Film - Live-Action
- In Axis Powers Hetalia, we have England's song "My Friend", in which England talks about his friends Brownie, Pixy and the Unicorn (England has been shown in a couple of episodes talking with his imaginary friends).
- Yu-Gi-Oh! has "No Matter What", which sings about Yugi and Joey's friendship up to that point in the show, and how they both have people they want to protect, and that even though they have to duel each other, "they'll still be friends to the very end".
- In The Brady Bunch during one of the show's many Talent Show episodes, Marcia & her mother sing "Together" from Gypsy as a pair of hobos who stick together through thick and thin.
- Saved by the Bell: In a Behind The Music-like episode showing the formation, success, breakup, and reuniting of the gang's band Zack Attack, their big hit is called "Friends Forever."
We'll be friends forver
'til the end of time
- "Guy Love" from the Musical Episode of Scrubs, about JD and Turk's bromance
- Anything Goes gives us "Friendship."
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.
When other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be hot.
- Wicked: Before Stephen Schwartz wrote the song "For Good", he asked his daughter what she would say to her best friend if she were saying goodbye to her forever. Her response became the first verse of the song.
- This is also one of the themes of "One Short Day", showing how close Elphaba and Galinda have come, which is hammered home when they agree that they're now best friends.
- "Happy Together" by The Turtles (might count as a love song though).
- "You're My Best Friend" by Queen, which is used sometimes in TV show scenes over a montage of two friends doing things together.
- "I'll be There For You" by The Rembrandts, best known as the theme song for Friends.
- "With a Little Help From My Friends" by The Beatles.
- "Ben" by Michael Jackson (an ode to his pet rat, who he considered his best friend).
- "In Harmony" from an episode of The Little Mermaid.
- On the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "F.U.N.", Spongebob and Plankton sing a song together about friendship. "F is for friends that do stuff together. U is for U and Me!" etc.
- The episode "Pest Of The West" also gives us "Idiot Friends".
- The theme song to My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- "B.B.B.F.F." (Big Brother Best Friend Forever) also does this to introduce the relationship between Twilight Sparkle and her brother Shining Armor.
- "A True, True Friend", also, as one might expect.
- "We Are Bob And Muzzy" from Muzzy In Gondoland.
- "You Guys Are My Best Friends" from South Park.
- "Friends Are There To Help You" from Ed, Edd n Eddy.
- The first season opening theme of Garfield and Friends.