, better known as SeaNanners
, is a Let's Player based in Los Angeles, California, who is affiliated with Machinima Respawn, starring in the series Hello, Everyone! My Name is SeaNanners.
Nanners takes his one-million-plus YouTube subscribers on journeys through almost every manner of video game, from first-person shooters like Call of Duty: Black Ops
to sandboxes like Minecraft
, and nearly everything in between. He is known for his variety of videos, general friendliness, humor, and occasionally discussing life and wisdom in his videos. His current format is to upload a highlights reel of his recent gaming session (usually in Garry's Mod
), once a day. The people he plays with usually upload longer videos on their own channels that contain the bits in between.
SeaNanners provides examples of:
- The Ace: Among his group of friends, Adam is perhaps the most skilled gamer, frequently dominating any game he participates in and coming up with great stunts that others would have difficulty replicating.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Does this with his virtual character in GTA V a lot.
- Affably Evil: His game persona online. He'll politely barter with other players, generally being a friendly guy all the while... often planning to stab them in the back eventually. In real life, you can drop the evil part.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Done a lot in Grand Theft Auto V, although it's his character that's drunk, not Adam personally.
- Angrish: A variant where he throws in a lot of giggling and laughter.
- Annoying Laugh: The laugh itself isn't that annoying, but it usually means Adam is doing something sneaky or devilish. The people who play with Adam have learned to associate the two, especially in Hide and Seek-related games.
- Ax-Crazy: His default setting in multiplayer
- Bears Are Bad News: As he learns in this video from his girlfriend Cathy's channel.
- Body Horror: Anytime a character model has a grotesque-looking neck when the head is turned, such as in Arma 3 or The Hunter, Adam and the others will take on the creepy voice of the "Necktwisters."
- Bond Villain Stupidity: Often times he corners his friends, but decides to taunt them rather than finish them off. See Humiliation Conga below. The worst part is that he can often get away with this and still win, although occasionally it does lead to his failure.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He may be silly, but make no mistake, he is very good at video games.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: How much of his behavior is calculated, natural, or just for the fun of it isn't clear.
- Butt Monkey: Adam tends to be murdered a lot in multiplayer games when he's innocent, owing to his being really good at manipulation to the point that other people try killing him straight away to prevent this.
- Hell, even the games he plays don't tend to cut him slack. In Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2, he spawns in as the token Nazi, causing people to make jokes that cross the line twice and accuse him of being a Nazi in real life.
- Other people getting this treatment in his videos tend to mostly be Goldy and Chilled, although nobody is safe from this treatment from time to time.
- Catch Phrase: "Hello, everyone! My name is SeaNanners..." used to be this, although he tends not to say this so much anymore owing to format change.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Zig Zagged. His skill at video games is often attributed by his opponents to cheating (since he usually exploits odd glitches or less well known wonky physics) even though he isn't...maybe...
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Particularly in Prop Hunt, where he will either try to bargain with the hunters for survival by handing over the locations of other props, or will encourage props he finds to do this. He never keeps his word.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Borders on it sometimes, although it's definitely exaggerated for entertainment purposes; Adam is a sane and coherent guy in real life.
- Consummate Liar: When playing Trouble in Terrorist Town - it really helps him. It's so prevalent that his YouTuber buddies have a motto based around it - "Never Trust Nanners".
- Blatant Lies: On some occasions, he'll keep lying even when it's not plausible; his laughing doesn't help.
- Crying Wolf: On the rare occasions when he's being completely honest!
- Crossover: He regularly collaborates with Captain Sparklez, Daithi De Nogla, GassyMexican, ChilledChaos, Mangaminx, Goldy, and Markiplier, as well as Cathy, his girlfriend. He's also appeared alongside PewDiePie a fair number of times, and has also appeared in one of In The Little Wood's videos, as well as appearing in a charity livestream for the Legend of Verigan (specifically with Simon Lane and Lewis Brindley).
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Nanners is very silly and playful in most games, but he's still one of the most skilled players in his group, and it shows whenever he doesn't stoop to Bond Villain Stupidity. He's a good enough manipulator, player and entertainer that he can afford to goof off and still manage to win a large number of times.
- Damn You, Muscle Memory: When playing a game that wasn't Prop Hunt, Sark once complained that he kept unconsciously looking down at his feet every time he entered a new room due to Nanner's penchant for darting under people with small props in prop hunt.
- Deadpan Snarker: When he's not laughing his ass off.
- Dick Dastardly Stops To Taunt You: Adam has a very bad habit of throwing easy Prop Hunt victories in favor of taunting his opponents, making them chase him around, or giving hints as to where he is.
- Did You Actually Believe?: Often times he will offer his enemies "deals" in exchange for selling someone else out. He never keeps his end of the bargain.
- The Dreaded: The others have learned to be VERY aware of their well being whenever Adam is close by. Particularly prevalent in The Hidden and GTA 5.
Chilled Chaos: (After Adam kills many people in one go.) Was that Nanners or the military who did that?!''
- Flock of Wolves: Sometimes he will rig a Trouble In Terrorist Town game so that everybody except one person is a traitor. More often than not, the sole innocent is ChilledChaos.
- For the Evulz: Will do or say just about anything for a laugh.
- The Gadfly: The only time he isn't talking or giggling like an idiot is when he's in danger of being caught/found out and needs to concentrate. And all parties involved are aware of it.
Adam: Hello? Mark?
Mark: Shut up! I must concentrate!
- Genre Savvy: He knows how to manipulate people in gaming very well. Of course, he often gets hit by it in return, hence "Never Trust Nanners".
- The Reveal shocked the other players to the point that they decided to not let Adam host the games any more. Now the person hosting seems to be Max.
- Happily Adopted: The reason for his Spanish surname.
- Hidden Depths: For all of his frivolity and shenanigans, he's an intelligent, philosophical man, as some of his videos will attest to. He's also quite a friendly guy.
- Humiliation Conga: Often times subjects his friends to these when he has them completely at his mercy.
- The Hyena: Around 50% of what comes out of his mouth is laughter. When he has to lie, his facecam shows him struggling to not laugh.
- In recent videos, people have weaponised Adam's laughter against him; they've noted the correlation between how close they are to their target in Prop Hunt and how much he is laughing, referring to it as "the retarded laughter" or "the Geiger counter".
- Animated videos now depict him as a dolphin when he's laughing his head off.
- Insane Troll Logic: Adam likes to use this to annoy his friends from time to time. The quote at the end of this video is a prime example.
Adam: Yes I stabbed your vagina, but that doesn't make me a bad dude!
- It's Quiet... Too Quiet: Whenever playing Prop Hunt, Adam spends most of his time either taunting his opponents or laughing at them. The only times he goes silent are when he's dangerously close to one of the seekers, usually because he's trying to hold back laughter. His friends have become Genre Savvy enough to realize this and tend to grenade the entire area just to be safe.
- I Shall Taunt You: Does this a lot in The Hidden and Prop Hunt. It almost always works in his favor, too.
- Laser-Guided Karma: On occasion, Adam's antics will earn him an RDM, normally after he starts cheating.
- Limited Wardrobe: Almost always seen in videos with his grey t-shirt. (Apparently he found a big box of them on sale one day.) Whenever he isn't wearing one, he tends to wear a red and white shirt with a jumper or sweater of some sort.
- Man Child: A self-proclaimed one, anyway.
- Never My Fault: Tends to adopt this mindset to annoy other players, notably with Jordan when he's having a streak of bad gameplay in Arma 3.
- One-Man Army: In The Hidden, he's pretty much unstoppable when playing as the titular character, whereas the others are good but not as good. This carries over into the Garry's Mod Stalker game mode, which plays very similarly, but with more powers for him to abuse. Averted in most other games where outside of his psychological taunting, he's on par with everyone else gameplay-wise.
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat: Regularly disparages his opponents as a means of making them get angry and more likely to screw up.
Sark: Damnit! I'm being made fun of on the internet!
- Scheherezade Gambit: Happens so often. See Bond Villain Stupidity above.
- Self-Deprecation: He titled one of his videos "My girlfriend cheats harder than I do".
- Sickening Sweethearts: Any time Adam plays with his girlfriend Cathy, or "Catabot", expect lots of "sweetheart"s and affection.
- Tempting Fate: In Prop Hunt, he has a tendency to throw away easy victories for the sake of trying to rub his potential victory in his opponents' faces. It occasionally works, but not often, and even if he does win he will die.
- Troll: He has his tendencies, especially when playing Trouble in Terrorist Town and Prop Hunt, even moreso when playing Murder! since he actually rigged the game against them.
- The Reveal: In one of his Murder videos, Adam confesses that he could have and had been rigging any given Murder game mode, much to the shock and disbelief of his friends.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH! (GoldGlove starts trying to kill Nanners.) GassyMexican:
KILL HIM! KILL HIM NOW! GoldGlove:
I'm so mad. I'm so mad. I am in a furious, fucking rage- (Nanners successfully kills GoldGlove first.) GoldGlove: I'M SO, MAAAAD! SeaNanners: OK, GoldGlove's gonna be the murderer~! GoldGlove: Oh my God he's right! GassyMexican:
Oh my lord.. we're not playing games with you anymore.
- Though he claims he doesn't rig every single game, just having the power to do so every single game, and he claims there are limits to how far he can go, such as being unable to choose who the armed bystander is.
- Trying to Catch Me Fighting Dirty: There is no low Nanners won't stoop to in order to win. As such, everyone else calls him a "Cheatsy Doodle."
- Unfriendly Fire: In Grand Theft Auto V... a lot.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With a lot of the people he plays with, notably Captain Sparklez and Max, aka GassyMexican. He actually helped Jordan (Captain) to get off the ground and become one of the big name channels on YouTube.