open/close all folders
- Super Mario RPG
- Paper Mario
- Mario & Luigi
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- The first time you rescue Princess Peach in Super Mario Bros.
- The ending of the original Mario vs. Donkey Kong for GBA after defeating the True Final Boss: Donkey Kong breaks down crying, having failed to keep the Mini-Mario toys he had stolen from the toy factory. Mario, seeing this, takes pity on the big ape, and comforts him, even giving him a Mini-Mario toy to call his own.
- And beforehand, there's the first part of the opening scene. Even though it marks where things start going wrong, seeing Donkey Kong falling in love with the Mini-Mario Toys he sees on the TV is very uplifting. It makes sense when you consider that the newer Donkey Kong, the offspring of the original (known as Cranky Kong), is shown to be one of Mario's friends!
- It is very minor, but in one of the character pictures for Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour shows Wario and Waluigi practicing golf◊. Now, as we have seen in the trailer, Waluigi seems to be a very poor golfer (probably because it's his first time), and the picture shows him ready to strike the ball. But, you actually see Wario, being far more experienced, teaching Waluigi to golf properly by correcting his posture by using the chin-up method. It's very rare to see Wario caring for Waluigi and showing he isn't all about greed and power, even despite their constant bickering.
- A brief moment in the ending of Mario Super Sluggers shows Daisy escorting Bowser and Bowser Jr. on her cruiser for the party. Granted, they received very little food at the party, but at least they were forgiven for trying to take over the Baseball Kingdom.
- In the 64 installment of Mario Tennis, Wario and Waluigi decide to crash the heroes' tournament. As things start to heat up, Bowser and Boo make a sinister entrance...and gesture for a friendly match from Mario. Why not?
Mario: Hey! Let's-a-ALL play!!!
- The ending (and especially the 100% ending) of Super Mario Galaxy 2. After an untold number of years spent dealing with issues of trauma and loneliness, and two games worth of trouble caused by Bowser alone, Rosalina is finally able to return to a peaceful life with the things that undoubtedly make her happiest - her Lumas - and with the knowledge that she now has friends in the world below, a world she thought she'd long since left behind. The look on her face during that scene pretty much says it all.
- Luigi's obvious crush on Daisy makes his interactions with her adorably sweet, especially when he can't figure out what to say.
- The scene where Luigi and Daisy say goodbye.
Mario: (to Luigi) She's tryin' to tell ya she can't leave until she knows where she belongs. And if you loved her, you'd understand that.
- When Daisy is reunited with Daniella in the Mushroom Kingdom. Ever since her abduction, she'd be scared and alone in a very creepy world. Daniell, who only met her once before, hugs her and introduces her to the other kidnapped women, who clearly had gotten to know one another and banded together during their imprisonment.
- The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
- Nintendo Comics System (which includes Mario stories along with other Nintendo franchises)
- Though it's not a part of the games, this tribute made for Mario's 30th Anniversary is likely the most beautiful celebration of Mario's history out there. According to the description, it was a joint effort between fans and the creators of the Mario games, making it even more heartwarming.
Congratulations Mario! You accomplished the 30 years of work. But your adventure isn't over yet. So, let's go to the next stage now!
- The Stinger can make you tear up.
- Now with a sequel with that also celebrates Luigi's 30th Anniversary.
- The 25th Anniversary video for the original Super Mario Bros. also has a great ending, stating that "Mario Saves Peach Forever".
- 2013 is the Year of Luigi, which was announced by Iwata himself wearing Luigi's cap. On Valentine's Day. For more heartwarming examples related to the Year of Luigi, click here.
- This one celebrates the 30th Anniversary of the original Super Mario Bros game.
- Some fans tend to make Heartwarming fanart of Bowser and Jr. together. Just try looking at this without going "Awwww!".◊
- On Sunday, September 13th, 2015, the world celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. franchise. While that in itself is all varying kinds of heartwarming, a special mention goes to the prolific official Sonic the Hedghehog Twitter account for this tweet that speaks for itself. It shows not only that corporate rivals can come together in times of celebration, and can acknowledge and appreciate the other's history and success, but it is also symbolic of how Mario and Sonic themselves have gone from being mutual enemies to friendly rivals, appearing in each other's games, as well as Sonic having games exclusive to Nintendo consoles since 2001.
- These two fan-made comics sum up Mario and Luigi's relationship quite well. No matter how neglected Luigi feels, he will always be there for his brother, and likewise, Mario will always be there for Luigi.
- The people closest to you will see you for who you really are.
- To explain a new parental controls app that the Switch will have, Nintendo made this heartmeltingly adorable video of Bowser demonstrating this app as Jr. plays the Switch.
- Within the video itself, Bowser hesitates to suspend the software (Jr. had gone over the set time limit) because he's worried about how Jr. will react. The narrator even acknowledges that this feature should only be used as a last resort.
- He also defends Jr. from a group of Boos (who represent internet trolls).
- The stickers released by Nintendo from the LINE messaging app.
- From Talking Super Mario Animated Stickers set:
- Mario and Luigi high-fiving.
- Toad and Boo playing their musical instruments.
- A Yellow Toad and a Green Toad hugging each other.
- Yoshi shaking a baby rattle to comfort Baby Mario.
- From Super Mario Bros. 8-Bit Stickers set:
- Mario hitting a ? Block and a heart comes out.
- From Super Mario's Relaking Life set:
- Mario and Peach sitting in front of a sunset.
- Mario and Peach dancing together.
- Peach and Daisy taking a selfie together.
- Toad serving a cake with "Congrats" written on it.
- A Goomba saying "Thanks!", with a flower on its mouth.
- Bowser and Mario high-fiving.
- Lemmy and Bowser Jr. hungry, holding their spoon and fork.
- From Talking Super Mario Animated Stickers set: