- The Banjo-Kazooie series as a whole is hilarious, but a classic bit comes from Tooie. A really freaky character named Canary Mary can be raced for a Jiggy—she tells you it's been wedged under her wing. When you beat her again and she gives you a Cheato page, this exchange takes place...
Canary Mary: Oh, thank goodness! Here, you can have this. It's been wedged under my...
Kazooie: NO! I don't want to know where it's been!
- Kazooie is a never-ending stream of this in Tooie, due mostly to her role as the Meta Girl and having her Deadpan Snarker tendencies increased by several orders of magnitude.
- The Idle Animation in both games.
- In the first game Kazooie will occasionally pop from Banjo's bag and pester him with playful pecks on his head. Wait long enough and Banjo will get fed up with that and throttle Kazooie a few times.
- Then there's Lord Woo Fak Fak's pre battle dialogue in Tooie:
Lord Woo Fak Fak: You were going to steal my jiggy and drain my home, leaving me to flap pathetically around on the bottom until I shriveled up and died. Weren't you?
- You can actually talk to the dead Lord Woo after you defeat him.
- Gruntilda's rhymes will forever be stuck in your head. (Repeating over and over until you're dead?)
- In the first level of Tooie, when you retrieve the MacGuffin for Chief Bloatazin, he is about to cuss when Banjo interrupts him with, "This is a family game!"
- In Tooie, whenever you get the secret unlockable attack that involves grabbing Kazooie out of the backpack and BEATING ENEMIES WITH HER. Every player first laughs, then feels terrible...then laughs some more.
- Gruntilda's full name. That is all.
Grunty: You'll wish you'd never taken on the mighty Gruntilda Winkybunion!
Kazooie: Winkybunion? Is that your last name then?
: Err...um, no. Of course not
. But don't you go telling anyone or I'll sue you...
Banjo: Whatever you say, Winky!
- Nuts And Bolts is by far the most self-aware installment in the series, constantly pointing out the poor logic of the game's universe. Some examples;
- If you lose to the Final Boss in Tooie and try again:
Grunty: Back for more, eh?
Banjo: Just shut that hatch, and let's get on with it.
Grunty: Fair enough.
- In the beginning of Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo sleeps through his sister's kidnapping, with his backpack, Kazooie included, hanging on a hat stand. Eventually, Kazooie gets fed up and shouts at Banjo, rocking the stand so much it falls over!
- In the beginning of Banjo-Tooie, Bottles is killed when Gruntilda blasts Banjo's house during a poker game. (He didn't evac because he thought the whole 'Grunty's back!' thing was just a gag) When Banjo and Kazooie meet Jamjars and relate the sarge about his brother's untimely demise, Jamjars asks if Bottles went down fighting.
Kazooie: Playing cards, actually.
- When Mumbo brings the alien parent on Hailfire Peaks back to life, the alien asks for help in finding his children, promising gifts in exchange for help. Mumbo has this to say:
Mumbo: Mumbo like gifts! But not tacky alien merchandise!
- The scene where the alien parent falls out of the ship is also pretty funny, in a Black Comedy sort of way.
Alien Parent: Urrgmph! Never mind, I'm okay!...Wait a minute...No, I'm not...I'm...dead...
- Upon finishing Grunty's Furnace Fun, the duo are offered a choice of three prizes, with the top one being Tooty. This exchange happens:
Banjo: Which one should we take?
Kazooie: Err... How about that grotty ugly thing?
Banjo: I think we should take Tooty.
Kazooie: That's what I meant!
- What makes it even funnier is that one of the other prizes is an incredibly grotesque doll, made in Grunty's likeness. The player will be forgiven in thinking Kazooie was proposing they take that.
- The sequence after Banjo and Kazooie save Tooty and after the "credits" pass. Mumbo, Bottles and Banjo and Kazooie are having a cookout in celebration. Just then, Tooty comes out and tells them that they haven't defeated Grunty. Banjo decides to go back to the lair, despite Kazooie complaining and whacking him with her cup.
- In Tooie, you can drive the submarine inside the giant fish in Jolly Roger's Lagoon. That's right: you can transform into a submarine, get eaten by a fish, and drive around in its guts. That's not all: it can be taken on "land." It still functions.
- Every so often, when selecting a file in the original game, Banjo's bed will throw him out of the window. And the fireplace will turn along with the floor Banjo's standing on, trapping him behind the walls, and his couch seat will do the same as his bed.
- In the "Mad Monster Mansion" level after you get the jiggy from the toilet:
- This quote by Gruntilda when she turns on the toxic gas function of the Hag 1, which suggests that she smelled some shorts of toxic gases previously. Makes sense, now that she's nothing but bones and eyes.
Gruntilda: Cyanide and mustard gas, my favorite!
- In Nuts And Bolts, when you're playing Klungo's arcade game, it occasionally crashes and Klungo has to reset it. Can be annoying to some, but the sheer fact that Rare programmed that in as an occasional thing is hilarious in itself.
- Kazooie has a lot of Medium Awareness regarding videogame tropes as proven by this exchange near the end of the second game:
Banjo: Hey, Kazooie, there doesn't appear to be anyone in here.
: Oh yes there is. The music's changed. Every time that happens, we always end up in a fight...
- In Mayahem Temple of the second game, one of the guards won't let you participate in a game because the sport is only open to the Stonies that live in the area. Obvious solution: use Humba Wumba's magic to turn Banjo and Kazooie into a Stony. Hilariously, this doesn't work... except it does:
Guard: Hmmm... I don't know, that backpack looks kinda familiar...
Kazooie: Are you saying we're a bear and bird in an elaborate disguise trying to cheat our way in?
Guard: Yep, it's pretty obvious. But they're a bit short on players, so you might as well go in.
- In Tooie, there's a place called "Madame Grunty's Tent" where you can often get extra eggs and feathers, and even the GETJIGGY cheat code if you're lucky. If you're unlucky however...
Madame Grunty: "You win a beating. I like this one!"
- One can almost imagine a cheeky grin as she says this.
- If you have the HONEYGET cheat on (legal), then all the beating amounts to is nothing.