Awesome Music / Banjo-Kazooie
The start of an amazing adventure.
What did you expect from an Adventure Duo named after musical instruments
- Most sub-areas in the game have themes based on the level's music. Nabnut's House is one of the few to have a totally unique tune that's as long and developed as the main level themes. It's deviously cozy and warm.
- Furnace Fun takes all your expectations for what you thought was gonna be the final battle, and totally subverts them.
- The Grunty Boss Battle aptly titled "The Final Battle". A long, drawn out, fast-paced Boss Remix of the lair theme and its variations which perfectly conveys the magnitude of the fight. For added awesome, try this metal remix of the theme.
- Targitzan. It's the intro that really makes it.
- Glitter Gulch Mine. You'll stay on that level just for the banjo. For an even catchier version of the theme, try the Ordinance Storage theme or the calm version in the Prospector's Hut. For something with deep meaning that comes smack out of nowhere, though, try the version near the entrance to Witchyworld. You can almost see the prospectors marveling at a comet streaking across the sky or something. The only problem is that the tracks get desynchronized due to a glitch, but the video at the link managed to fix that.
- Lord Woo Fak Fak. An epic track that can be easily mistaken for a final boss theme.
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
- Mr. Patch's theme. Even more epic with this metal remix.
- Jolly Roger's Lagoon. It's a sea shanty... and it's awesome. Atlantis plays whenever you're underwater in the level (read: almost all of your time there) and manages to be downright serene.
- Terrydactyland has a catchy and primeval feel perfect for the land of dinosaurs it accompanies. Terry's boss theme is also pretty great with Orchestral Bombing fitting the aerial attacks he provides.
- The infinitely catchy love song to the tuba, Grunty Industries. It also really suits the Industrial wasteland level well. The main factory theme isn't too bad either. Then there's Weldar's theme, a really epic remix that fits really well for a dangerous creature found inside said industrial wasteland.
- Hailfire Peaks. After that? Try the two halves combined. It's amazing how well two halves of a Variable Mix tune mesh together.
- Cloud Cuckoo Land for being really mellow in a level that's anything but (it's called Cloud Cuckoo Land for goodness sake).
- Mingy Jongo. Somebody at Rare thought it was a good idea to remix the very chill Mumbo's Skull theme of all things for use in a boss battle. It worked beautifully.
- Cauldron Keep. Probably the most foreboding piece in the whole series and really serves to highlight how much more evil Grunty has become over the course of the series.
- The Hag 1 boss theme, which is a long tune like Grunty's boss theme in the previous game, but is a slower, far more imposing song. It easily manages to be thrice as threatening, and yet it's also able to contain the same degree of awesome as its predecessor.
- Mumbo's Test-O-Track. It takes about half a minute, but when that familiar tune kicks in...
- The Jinjo theme gets a gloriously uplifting and whimsical orchestration for the challenges.
- Showdown Town's theme, which has a wonderfully upbeat and catchy tune that makes exploring the place a delight. And this isn't even taking into account the Variable Mix!
- BanjoLand, which is a collection of wonderfully nostalgic orchestra takes on Click Clock Wood, Freezeezy Peak, Mad Monster Mansion, Gobi's Valley, Cloudcuckoo Land, Mayahem Temple and Rusty Bucket Bay.
- Gruntilda's theme from the first game is orchestrated into the absolutely glorious Grunty Challenge and Grunty's Final Challenge.
was originally going to be)
- Bully and Chase which sounds a bit like "Mad Monster Mansion" and "Witchy World".
- Blackeye. A mix of Freezeezy Peak and Gloomy Galleon from Donkey Kong 64.
- Madeleine. Part of this song was used in Banjo-Kazooie when Tooty runs to her brother Banjo's house and talks to Bottles.
- Shanty. This song is just beautiful sounding.
- Big Belly. A song that includes burping and farting.