Atomic Robo and Dr. Dinosaur squabble over grammar:
Dr. Dinosaur: That is for me to know and for you to die!
Robo: That's not even a sentence.
Dr. Dinosaur: The simple mammalian subject and predicate were both represented! I challenge your claim.
- Also in the companion story Why Atomic Robo Hates Dr.Dinosaur, Dr. Dinosaur surrendered to Atomic Robo and gave him his crystals he was going to use for time travel... which was actually a cooler full of grenades that Dr. Dinosaur took the pins from. The silent look of pure hate on Robo's face and the look of smug superiority on Dr. Dinosaur is hilarious.
- And again:
Dr. Dinosaur: I knew you would be here, Atomic Hobo! Witness how I have deconstructed your name into an insult.
- Let's just say: everything involving Dr. Dinosaur.
- Another couple brilliant ones from the 2011 Free Comic Book Day story:
Dr. Dinosaur: Shut up! I hacked your mainframe and downloaded your itinerary. Yes! All of your computerized scheduling secrets are now mine!
Atomic Robo: You joined our newsletter!
Dr. Dinosaur: You can't prove that!
- After Robo questions how Dr. Dinosaur got guns it flashes back to...
One Week Ago...
Alonso (of "Alonso's Gun Hut"): 'Fraid I'm going to have to see some I.D.
Dr. Dinosaur: holds up a book labeled "Big Book of Dinosaurs", flips it open to a page showing his species
Dr. Dinosaur: In a perfectly legal manner is how!
Atomic Robo: Moreover, how'd you get to America?
Dr. Dinosaur: Bah! I can travel in both time and relative dimensions in space!
Atomic Robo: Who're you?
Emma: Emma. He stole my science fair project and now he's doing Doctor Who references at you!
- Best of all. Dr dinosaur is one of the few "Villains" that keep outsmarting Robo and his team (several times including Jenkins) in every encounter, leaving the Team either stranded or beaten. It infuriates and shames Robo to no end.
In the first volume, we get this gem:
- From one of the recent "Real Science Adventures" stories:
Tesladyne Scientist: Robo, there's a pyramid in Egypt!
Robo: Yes, thank you, that's super.
- From the same story we get this:
Robo: I didn't start this company all those years ago to not nuke things!
Action Scientist: They didn't even have nukes when you started this company.
Robo: Yes, but shut up.
Robo: You're exhausted, I can read your brainwaves with my fancy robot eyes.
Action Scientist: Really?
Robo: Of course not. The mere fact that you'd believe that tells me you're in no shape for field work right now.