Headscratchers: Atomic Robo
New entries on the bottom.
open/close all folders
- I read the example for Operator Incompatibility and wondered why Robo didn't just use the tip from a commercially available iPad stylus.
- Or better yet, incorporate their materials into the tips of his fingers using something like Nano Nails.
- Considering that Robo has had to be rebuilt almost from scratch at least once his failure not to do this is bordering on What an Idiot status. Or he just likes complaining.
- Has it ever been said whether or not Robo can feel pain? If he can, then he's basically got to cut the ends of his fingers off just to use a single piece of technology.
- "It's not like that doesn't hurt, y'know."
- Think of it more like surgery than just cutting off his fingers. Robo most likely would not be conscious for the upgrade.
- Throughout the 'modern' parts of the series, Robo's been consistently depicted as at least a little stuck in the past. He's probably just a bit too stubborn and set in his ways to think of it or do it.
- The entire point of that throwaway conversation is that Robo doesn't think he should have to implement extreme body modification in order to use a piece of widely-available commercial technology and he's haranguing Steve Jobs about it. It's a reasonable point in that if the touchscreen interface won't respond to Robo's metal fingertips, then it won't respond readily to humans with prosthetics.