Funny / Ace Ventura
Pretty much every other minute of any movie (save for Ace Jr.
), thanks to Jim Carrey
in all his hammy
glory. But to name a few examples:
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective:
- The sliding door scene here. "Ahhhh *closes door and opens it* Ahhhh *continues*" I have exorcised the demons! This house is clear. Losers. LOOOO-sers. La-hoo. Seh-hers!"
- Do NOT go in there! WHOO!
- Before that, the scene where Ace expects to find Snowflake in an indoor swimming pool and instead finds a great white shark is both a CMOF and Nightmare Fuel.
- If anybody else bent over, turned around and pantomimed talking out of their ass, most people would strain themselves rolling their eyes. When Jim Carrey does it, spouting out horrible puns all the way? Awesome!
"WHATSA MATTER? AFRAID I'LL MAKE A STINK
- Ace and Melissa on their way into a very ritzy party:
Melissa: I'm really going out on a limb here, Ventura. Camp's social events are strictly A-list.
Melissa: I swear, if you do anything to embarrass me in front of Camp-
Ace: What? Like this? (makes faces)
- Randomly during the party, Ace reaches over and screws up a cello player's performance for no reason other than pure whimsy. (Jim Carrey improvised that.)
- Ace also randomly bites at the air near the doorman.
- Ace's reaction to finding out that Lois Einhorn is actually Ray Finkle: juvenile? Sure. Homo/transphobic? Unfortunately. Still hilarious due to Jim Carrey's epic four corse meal of scenery? You better believe it!
- "Hi, I'm looking for Ray Finkle—" [shotgun barrels slide through the opening] "—and a clean pair of shorts."
- The whole scene with the heavy metal concert.
- To reiterate, Ace taking over for the frontman at the metal concert and just growling noiselessly while gesturing like he's talking to the crowd... and the band just goes right with it.
- After rescuing the kidnapped dog, Ace tells him, "the (car) engine's flooded. No problem, we'll just wait a few minutes". As the goon begins smashing his car window, without missing a beat, Ace declares, "Or we could try it now!"
- Ace's search for the suspect Championship Ring, specifically the first part. Even though Flipping the Bird is an offensive gesture, wasn't it thoughtful of the football player to keep his up for that long? Either that or Ace has a really good photographic memory.
- When Ace is pretending to be a mental patient football player to sneak into a institution, he tackles the doctor in super slow motion, then reverses it for instant replay, including all of his dialogue.
- ...And then he finishes the performance with slamming his head on a chair.
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls:
- The Slinky... in all of it's glory.
- The scene with the flight attendant:
: Peanut? Ace
: Yes, I have one right here. It's bulky
, but I consider it carry-on. Flight attendant
: Oh, I see!
- The out-of-place Subway sign on the African highway.
- "Perhaps we should slow down just a teensy-weensy bit?" "Nonsense, poopy pants!"
- "Do I have something in my teeth?"
- ACTIVIST MYES, MUHEUHEUHEUHE.
- Ace's reaction to the Trophy Room.
Cadby: Something wrong, Mr. Ventura?
Ace: Of course not. This is a lovely room of death. Take care now, bye-bye then.
- Ace drumming the mushrooms.
Ace: We love you, Dark Continent, good night!
- "Excuse me," (In a whispering voice) "Your balls are showing. Bumblebee tuna!"
- The Shikaka.
- Ace practicing his mantra.
- "Spank you, Helpy Helperton!"
- When he thinks he spots a bat in the cave, he throws the medallion: "TAKE THAT, YOU WINGED SPAWN OF SATAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!"
- The "rhinoceros birth" scene in the sequel is side-splittingly funny.
- The duel scenes.
- A failed attempt to sneak into the bad guys' hideout leaves Ace knocked out, and him and his pet monkey Spike are strapped to a raft heading downstream. Ace bites through the Spike's ropes first, then tells it to undo his. Spike starts, but then takes a look at the Inevitable Waterfall and decides to get the hell out of dodge instead. Ace's reaction as he goes over the edge is hilarious.
- "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhlrighty thennnnnnnn..."
- "That's what you stepped in, that's what was on your shoe, and that explains the abrasion on your palm! Let me run that back for ya. Mlap ruoy no noisarba eht snialpxe taht dna eohs ruoy no saw tahw s'taht ni deppets uoy tahw s'taht... That's what you stepped in, that's what was on your shoe, and THAT EXPLAINS THE ABRASION! ON! YOUR! PALM! DAMN I'M GOOD! (pelvic thrusts) Can you feel that?! Can you feel it, Captain Compost?!"
- HIT THE LIGHTS!
- As Ace reluctantly goes to jail, he bites at Hitu.
Ace Ventura: The Animated Series:
- In "The Gator Gal", Every moment Ace does battle with the titular character "Gator Jane" is a riot.
- One example has Jane toss Ace into her house, destroying it. Ace rises from the rubble to call her a "Home wrecker!"