"Wishes can change everything."A Game Comes to Equestria (or A.G.C.T.E for short), is a crossover Fan Fic of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and the first Yu-Gi-Oh! series written by Rainstone 56 on Fanfiction.net.When an unplanned meteor shower happens in Equestria, everypony in Ponyville goes to see it, including Pinkie Pie, who wants to make a wish on the strange "green" shooting stars that appear now and then. Her wish? To meet a new pony she has never met before; somepony completely brand new to be friends with. She gets her wish.Meanwhile in a world different and separate from Equestria, Yami's duel with Raphael has reached its end, with The Seal Of Orichalcos preparing to take his soul. However, at the last minute, Yugi swaps places and is taken in Yami's place instead, ending up as (soul) food for the Great Leviathan...Had it not been for one tiny little problem: at the moment of transfer, something had interfered with the Orichalcos' magic, and instead of going to Dartz, Yugi ends up crash landing in Ponyville, transformed into a Pegasus.The good news? He's mostly unharmed. The bad news? Yugi remembers nothing about his own past before coming to Ponyville save for his own name. Pretty soon, his presence in Equestria opens up an old lock of its past, starting a new adventure and revealing secrets about the Elements of Harmony and much, much more.The events of the story take place during and in between Seasons 2 and 3 (for the Friendship is Magic side) and during the DOMA/Waking The Dragons arc.The story can be read here, and, for now, its on Hiatus. When completed, it will also be available on Deviant ART and Fimfiction.net. There is also a collection of theorems, bios and one-shots called ''The Game's Collection'', which can be found here.
- Accidental Misnaming: The stallion met in Chapter 11 at the stadium has a name tag labeling his name as "Hymie", saying that the pony in charge of making them had looked too busy to hear his name right, and due to the tag, everypony calls him that before he can properly introduce himself. (For the Record, his real Name is Hermos.)
- Adult Fear: The Children (and Luna) on Nightmare Night being surrounded by Brainwashed and Crazy Griffins that want to eat them. Luna could handle them, but considering how they possess a Power that could potentially harm her...
- Try imagining your loved one frozen in place, right in the way of an attack heading right towards them. then imagined said loved one falling when the ground they were standing on collapses out from under them from said attack. This is what Celestia and Luna ended up experiencing with each other, respectfully.
- Affectionate Nickname: Luna constantly calls and refers to Yugi as "Little Game". Unlike Rainbow Dash's nickname of "Sheep Boy", Yugi likes this nickname and doesn't mind it if she calls him that. his In-Series Nickname of "Yug" is used by Shining Armor.
- Allergic to Evil: If Yugi touches An Orichalcos Stone, it will physically hurt him. When Twilight shows him one that fell off a griffin, she uses her magic to pick it up and places it in Yugi's hoof when he wants a closer look. It burns his hoof and he stomps it into dust as retaliation.
- All There in the Manual: Yugi has the nickname of Firecracker, but it's only brought up in his AGCTE Bio on the author's Deviant ART page.
- Animorphism: When Yugi arrives in Equestria, something changes him into a Pegasus.
- Anger Born of Worry: Yugi blowing his top at Pinkie during Luna and the Little Game, is most likely this, though the anger is more so out of concern for Luna's self-esteem.
- Amplifier Artifact: The Elements of Harmony and their higher counterparts naturally fall here.
- The Element of Hope, however, takes this Up to Eleven; if its true power is unlocked and used properly, it can supercharge the other Elements.
- Amnesiac Hero: Yugi, as upon the arrival to Equestria. All of his memories before he arrived have been erased, save for his name (and even in the beginning, he wasn't sure if it was his own name to begin with).
- Wistful Amnesia: He's very much aware that something feels missing when it comes to his friendships, if only as a passing feeling.
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: The Millennium Puzzle in Yugi's World and the necklaces of the Elements for Equestria, as per usual, but as Yugi loses the Puzzle, he gains instead the Element of Hope.
- Arc Symbol: Stars/"sparks" seem to be a re-occuring symbol as of current, whether they be stars within the night sky, or stars as apart of or the main focus of a Cutie Mark.
- Be Careful What You Wish For/Make a Wish: What kicks off the plot is Pinkie's wish: To make friends with someone she's never met before.
- Been There, Shaped History: In-Universe example: Yugi is there for certain key events that happen in Seasons 2 and 3, and and is also the cause of certain events, whether he directly causes it or he indirectly helps.
- Berserk Button: Yugi does not like it when his friends are threatened, and definitely does not appreciate antics and pranks that hurt other ponies, be it physically or emotionally. And don't get him started on cheating in a game or going back on your word...
- Celestia's buttons are when the safety of her people are threatened, Whenever Twilight's or her sister are in danger/being hurt, and any recollection of some sort of incident that happened to her, her sister and some other pony only referred to as ''her'' whenever it's brought up. Guiding Wings deliberately presses the latter in order to defeat the Fiendish Five that was attacking.
- Beware the Nice Ones: The Mane Six and Yugi. Yugi most definitely.
- Princess Celestia, definitely considering what she does to Serpent Night Dragon.
- Big Entrance: Guiding Wings' entrance into Cloudsdale to meet the Mayor:
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs:Pinkie Pie: Hope you have a nice dream while you nap! Maybe about Monkeys, or Bicycles, or Monkeys on Bicycles!
- Brick Joke: Pinkie wished on a shooting star for a friend and met Yugi. When Yugi makes a character for a game, he names her Wishing Star.
- Bring My Brown Pants: Implied in Chapter 18 with Angel Bunny.
- Call-Back: There are some call backs to the anime and the manga for Yu-Gi-Oh!, the main one is a mechanic from the Manga where Yugi plays various games with opponents. Justified that the game of Duel Monsters does not exist in Equestria. Not yet, anyways.
- The idea that Yugi suggested to Shining Armor of using a Jigsaw Puzzle to tell Cadence a message is a reference to episode 10 of Season Zero, for an example.
- Catapult Nightmare: Most of Yugi's nightmares tend to have this happen to him.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Guiding Wings appears earlier before her debut chapter—she comes to ponyville and asks Yugi for directions to the town hall, who quickly tells her the directions and runs off to join the Mane 5 in finding Applejack. She otherwise doesn't pop up until after the preceding chapters' events.
- Clingy MacGuffin: The Element of Hope is this for Yugi, as it cannot be removed by anypony except by his own hoof, and even then, if he discards it, it'll simply return to him in some way or another. It's lampshaded in Chapter 9, by Princess Luna and a doctor, the latter saying they've even tried a buzzsaw to get it off, and it still didn't budge.
- Comic Books Are Real: In Domino City, and basically in all of Yugi's world, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic can be seen on television and is as pretty popular as it is in Real Life. Then Yugi appears on "Luna Eclipsed" on a strange re-airing of the episode...
- The Corruption: The Seal Of Orichalcos. There are implications that it also appeared and is reappearing In Equestria as well...
- Continuity Nod:
Yugi: ...Remember that one Tuesday, when I was trying to build my house?
- Crosses over with Noodle Incident in-story (as we don't get all of the details), during their conversation in Magic Lessons and The Caller, Yugi brings up the time when he was building his own home on a Tuesday to Twilight as a point on why he's hesitant to have her as his mentor in teaching him magic.
Twilight: I thought we agreed never to speak of it again.
- Courier: Yugi's job in Ponyville, aside from helping Rainbow Dash with the weather, is being the Cakes' delivery boy for certain orders.
- Cuteness Proximity: Both Yugi and Fluttershy (though the latter is to be Expected) immediately gush over Kuriboh when they first see it.
- Dead to Begin With: This might be the case with Yugi.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: In addition to losing his memories, Yugi does not have a Cutie Mark and has no idea what his purpose and special talent is. He downplays it, as he'd rather it not get in the way of anything important, but he does long to know what his purpose is, even if its linked to his memory loss.
- Don't Ask, Just Run: Shining Armor, during the "Lost Element" chapter events, notices both Yugi and Pinkie Pie running past him. Following behind them both is a swarm of Indescribable Creatures that have been stirred awake. Shining Armor then joins the two in their running after sweeping up Fluttershy.
- Don't Call Me Miss:Twilight Sparkle: Please, you don't have to call me Ms. Sparkle. Ms. Sparkle was my Mother. I'll be fine with Ms. Twilight, Or just Twilight.
- Doorstopper: confirmed by by the Author herself that the story will be this. For an example? The story is to be expected to have 95 to 110 chapters by the time it reaches its end—and that's counting the extended parts to a chapter. It's because of this estimated length that the author takes their time updating the story (and revising any early chapters) and often has to take a hiatus in order to regain motivation.
- Dreaming of Times Gone By: Celestia begins having these dreams.
- Evil Overlooker: What can be assumed of the eyes on the Cover is this trope. Whether they belong to the Big Bad of the fic is yet to be determined, since they haven't appeared yet.
- Exact Words: "I'm not going to go after Applejack or stop her tomorrow morning." He didn't say he wasn't going to go after somepony else or stop her friends from going after her.
- Explain, Explain... Oh, Crap!: Happens in chapter 20 during Pinkie's explanation of her Pinkie Sense to Wishing Star.Pinkie Pie: Well, my tail's all a-twitchy witchy, my knees do ache a bit, and my left ear's all wobbly and shaky.
Wishing Star: And that means...?
Pinkie Pie: That means we're about to get ambushed!... Uh-oh. That's not GOOD. We're about to get AMBUSHED!
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Yugi's mane is much different from his usual Hairstyle, becoming shorter, fluffier and out of its usual shape when he arrives in Equestria.
- Pinkie Pie's mane becomes more wavy and differently shaped as time passes by, her personality mellowing out with it.
- Flaming Hair/Burning with Anger: Yugi, if he's pissed off enough.
- Celestia as well, whenever a Berserk Button of hers is pressed.
- Flipping the Bird: implied in the conversation between Hermos and Serpent Night Dragon. Might count as Getting Crap Past the Radar.Hermos: Well, I'd be happy to show you a new trick I learned from him, but I'm afraid I do not have any fingers in this form to do so.
- "Trust me, lady, it wasn't hard t' break into that vault. You should really get on that security measure before ya lose them to someone really twisted."
- Shining Armor trying to find a place to pop the Big Question to his marefriend.
- Gilligan Cut:"Yawning and curling up, he fell asleep, figuring a nap was well needed to get the troubles off his mind.
After all, Applejack said she would be fine. Nothing could go wrong, could it?"
((The beginning of the very next Chapter))
"Sometimes Yugi wished he didn't have such a good sense of how things would turn out."
- Guardian Entity: Guiding Wings, AKA Guardian Eatos, just like in her canon source. She's also this to Princess Celestia and Luna, albeit more out of their friendship and loyal servitude, the latter being detailed in Chapter 20.
- Hope Springs Eternal: The Lost Element (AKA: the Element Of Hope) is a Physical representation of this: It was made by its first wielder during a time in Equestria when things were at its bleakest— because he refused to give up in the face of what seemed to be an endless despair, his faith in his friends, and in turn, the faith his friends had in him solidified into the Element Of Hope. As long as there's Hope within its spirit, its magic never falters.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Both Guiding Wings and Raven's Nest are identical twins, but Raven's Nest has three differences that tell her apart from her sister: her personality (in regards to her sister's), the way their manes are worn/styled normally, and the color of their wings.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Anyone who has not seen Season Four of Yu-Gi-Oh! will be spoiled about Yugi's Heroic Sacrifice as early as the very first chapter, along with other things.
- Mundane Utility / Utility Magic: Once Yugi gains the possession of the Element of Hope, his main use of it (aside from crisis situations) is to take advantage of its ability that allows him to preform Basic Unicorn Magic, Such as making things levitate and teleportation spells. So far, he uses that magic to write letters, send them, and carry things more easily when he can use it.
- Multicolored Mane: par for the course for Yugi, albeit it's more fluffed and out of shape. as this trope is also common in Equestria, it isn't seen completely out of the ordinary.
- Pony Cannonball: Yugi, unfortunately, becomes the test dummy to the latest venture in Cutie Mark Crusading, resulting in him being shot out of a cannon and into the Canterlot Castle.
- Punny Name: Rainbow Dash tries to Invoke this with Yugi (pronouncing it "Ewe-Gee") to get a rise out of him when they first meet. Given that it takes a while for him to get the pun, she rules him out as a bad guy.
- Purple Is Powerful: Aside from Yugi's eye color and Twilight Sparkle herself, The Element Of Hope's crystal, when re-activated by Yugi, is a deep dark purple.
- Shout-Out: quite a few in the story and in the index for upcoming chapters within The Game's Collection.
Pinkie Pie: Yep! I even got my gumboots out! Don't know where I'd be without them! Maybe in the Hospital or Infirmary!
- Rainbow Dash begins telling a scary story that's pretty familiar to some readers in Chapter 15.
- Or Earlier:
- The title of said chapter is A Dark and Stormy Day.
- Why did it have to be Dodge?
- titles In the Index chapter:
- Driving Miss Kisara
- A Tale Of Two Yugis
- Twilight vs. The Sword of Justice, which is quite Ironic in the fact that the "Sword of Justice" in that chapter is the Dragon, not the Unicorn.
- There's even, as the Author could not resist, It's Time To (Magic) Duel!
- There's also Hey Yug'!, which at first might seem to be a shout out to the title Hey Arnold!, but by the looks of the title below it, it's most likely a shout out to Hey Jude.
- There's even two shout outs to This Very Wiki: Big Damn Dragons and Humanity has ensued.
- This lovely gem from Part one of The Lost Element:
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: Pinkie Pie's Pinkie Sense again falls here, but as it turns out, Yugi has something similar to her sense as well. One sign of this sense pops up in Chapter 11—His tail shakes and fluffs up until it looks like a bunny's tail right before he (literally) runs into Guiding Wings.
- Sixth Ranger: Yugi, at least in terms to the Mane Six, Since he seems to represent the Spirit of Hope due to the element he receives in the story.
- Spirit Advisor/Dream Pony: Ancient Dunes, who can only been seen by Yugi in his dreams.
- Snowed-In: Most of the "Lost Element" chapters have this in for Canterlot.
- A Storm Is Coming/Hostile Weather: Twice, as of currently: one being a snowstorm over Canterlot That lead to the appearance of Red Eyes Black Dragon in Canterlot and Yugi getting the Element Of Hope, and the other being a huge thunderstorm spreading all over Equestria, with Guiding Wings showing up in Cloudsdale.
- Summon Magic: The magic that Twilight uses (twice) in the Save the Prince chapters is this. However, the reason why it doesn't work as planned the first time is that the summoning spell is specifically meant to summon monsters for combat, not objects like the muffin that Twilight summons the first time she uses the spell. It is directly implied that the spell is the same magic used to summon monsters to the field in Yugi's universe, and that she picked it up from Yami (albeit he told her NOT to even try it) himself.
- Tempting Fate: "He was having a very bad day, but he looked on the bright side. It wasn't like it was to get worse." Cue Sombra. This was inwardly lampshaded by Timaeus when he appears.
- There Was a Door: Yugi's arrival at Canterlot Castle had included the small pegasus crashing through the Castle Wall and smacking Shining Armor right into the adjacent wall. Unlike most examples, however, this was unintentional on Yugi's part.
- Trapped in TV Land/Trapped in Another World: Yugi's Heroic Sacrifice in Season Four of his canon source ends up leading into the latter trope when Pinkie Pie's Wish effects the Orichalcos in the middle of the transfer. However, people who end up seeing Yugi on an strange edition of "Luna Eclipsed" (see [[spoiler: Comic Books Are Real above), especially any of Yugi's friends, might assume the former Trope.
- When the girls allow Red Eyes to "Make the Game more fun" in the Save the Prince Chapters, he traps them and Yugi in the game's universe, making it the former trope.
- Voice Changeling: Bon-Bon/Sweetie Drops likes to impersonate other ponies' voices. She demonstrates it by mimicking Yugi's voice when greeting him in Chapter 10.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The first instance of Yugi losing his cool is this, when he finds out that Pinkie Pie is acting like she's scared of Luna for fun. He catches this and stops when he sees that he's (actually) frightening her.
- Win to Exit: The only way for the girls and Yugi to escape the role-playing game they were put into by Red Eyes is if they defeat the Sorceress Dark Comet and Save the Prince she has captive.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside / Narnia Time: The flow of time between Yugi's world, The Beasts' Domain, and the Mane Six's world is this. While years pass by in Equestria, months pass by in the human world, with half of an Equestrian year being half of a month for Yugi's universe.