Darth Wiki: I Want To Be Your Moon
I Want To Be Your Moon
Love doesn't conquer all, but it sure does help.
is an RPG Maker VX Ace
-powered Video Game
by is a coming-of-age story RPG
. It stars Tara, who is taking a leak
when a mysterious voice appears in her head, telling her to rescue a kidnapped elf in the forest... Luckily for the elf, she listens. She is a beautiful bilingual Less-Than-Fiery Redhead
elf named Li.
When they get back to town, Tara realizes that Li has no citizenship papers, and as such is in the country illegally. They bump into Tara's best friend and ex-girlfriend, Lulu, on the way, who joins them. They go to Kingston to get papers from the king, who completely understands Li's situation and grants her legal citizenship. But just then, a door to the Kobold
Dimension opens in the middle of town. Doors like that appear when there is a major shift in magical power between two dimensions, and require five keys to open (which are not in very convenient locations, mind you). For it seems that there is more to Li than meets the eye...
This unfinished and unpublished work contains examples of:
- Alpha Bitch: Cornelia, at
- Anything That Moves: Lulu, though she has a strong preference towards things that both move and look like attractive women.
- Author Avatar: In a sidequest, you can meet the God and the Goddess who created Latria. This level is actually full of DevelopmentGags. These two also appear in the Joke Ending.
- Babies Ever After: Sorta-implied with Tara and Lulu, since the whole game is Lulu retelling the tale of Tara and Lulu's adventure to their grandchildren. In the Golden Ending, these grandchildren are Tara and Li's.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Shy Blue-Haired Girl Tara, not-Fiery Redhead Li, and green-dyed blonde Lulu.
- Beta Couple Cornelia and Cain were together long before the events of the story, and evolve into this once they join the main team.
- Black Magician Girl: Tara, as a Foil to Lulu's White Magician Girl.
- Book Ends / Framing Device The story is actually a storybook being told by a grandma to her grandchildren. The grandma is Lulu, and they're the grandchildren of Tara and Lulu.
- Butterfly of Doom: The Kobold possessing Li.
- Cast Calculus: It starts off with Red Oni, Blue Oni Tara and Lulu (Tara's blue, Lulu's red). Then, it becomes a Power Trio with Tara, Li, and Lulu. Later on Cornelia and Cain show up, creating a Three Plus Two Five-Man Band of Tara, Li, Cornelia, Cain, and Lulu.
- Color-Coded Characters: Everyone has their own color. Tara is blue, Lulu is green, Li is red, Cornelia is yellow, and Cain is purple. Also, everyone except eventually Lulu has their Power Color as their hair color.
- Chromatic Arrangement: You get Tara, Li, and Lulu initially and it's a while before you can get any other party members.
- Rainbow Motif: The six primary characters also form the six primary colors of the rainbow.
- Dark Magical Girl: Though not actually a magical girl, Cornelia otherwise fits the archetype to a T.
- Dumb Blonde: Lulu, although Lulu dyes her hair, and she's more ditzy than downright dumb. Averted with Cornelia, who is probably the most intelligent character in the game.
- Downer Ending: Li dies. Lulu slips back into her neuroses, and eventually Tara takes pity on her and marries her. Cornelia disappears from Cain's life, and Cain doesn't learn about why until it's all but too late. Cain is never heard from again. The old lady reading the story to her Grandchildren at the beginning? That's Lulu, and the scene comes back for the ending. Tara comes home and all of them and the grandchildren go out for ice cream. Li's ghost floats by sadly.
- Emotionless Girl: Tara. Like Yuki, she's actually more of an incredibly repressed girl; unlike most repressed girls, however, it's obvious from the very beginning. The blue rose is even the Rose of Repression in her honor.
- Elemental Powers: Black Mages, such as Tara, have these, especially when they're on a plane that's closer to the Source Of Magic.
- Everyone Is Bi: Everyone except Cain, who likes girls only. Although most have a preference towards one gender (Like Lulu, who is a walking Les Yay machine)
- Fiery Redhead: Subverted with Li. She has red hair, but she's more The McCoy or The Lancer than a Red Oni.
- Gender Bender: There is a dungeon that basically does this to all of the characters. It makes Cain very happy to be there...
- Half-Human Hybrid: More like mostly-human, but Tara has some distant mermaid heritage. Most people are unaware that Mermaids even exist, so this isn't revealed until later.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: The voice/text boxes which give you exposition on how to play(which is a character in and of itselfnamed Alice.)
- Heroes Want Redheads: It's obvious from the start that Tara has a thing for Li. Eventually subverted in that Tara ends up with the blonde/green-haired Lulu.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Most of the prostitute Bunny Girls are actually very nice people. Also, Cornelia
- How We Got Here: The grandma at the beginning is actually Lulu; what she's reading is basically her life story.
- Ill Girl: Cornelia suffers from a yet-unspecified chronic illness.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Tara, Cain, Cornelia.
- Just for Pun: Cain fights with a cane.
- Les Yay: Lulu likes her some wemens. And a few men here and there too. But mostly her wemens.
- Lipstick Bisexual: Li, Lulu, Cornelia... and nearly every other feminine girl in the world.
- No Fourth Wall: Some characters are more aware of the Fourth Wall than others, but everyone gets a chance to break it. The meaningless instruction exposition is even a character of it's own (see He Who Must Not Bee Seen above), who can be met.
- Nominal Importance: Averted and played straight all at once. Minor characters, even random NPCs, almost always have names. However, their last names are seldom given unless they're either important to the plot or related to someone important to the plot.
- Noodle Incident: Tara's other friend, Liam, was killed in a tragic knitting accident. The exact details are never given.
- One-Gender Race: The Bunnygirls. Eventually revealed to be more of a one sex race than a one gender race - there are male Bunnygirls, but they're all physically female.
- Only Sane Man: Tara fills this role at first, but she's crazied out by the time Cornelia and Cain join the group, when Cain fills the role. It's saying a lot when your Only Sane Man has tried to cut off his own breasts and ears with a scissors before...
- Our Mermaids Are Different: They know mermaid-fu! They save Lulu from nearly drowning.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The Camona. [[They're harmless creatures who just happen to prefer getting most of their nourishment from blood. They throw the rest of the carcasses out to sea due to tradition (that in itself was borne of Mermaid attacks), not because of any strange unreasonable beliefs. Their tendency toward electricity and science comes from an inborn curiosity and from being unfairly excluded from learning magic, not because they specifically reject magical practices. Also, they have mechanized wings that hold spiritual significance for them- the tattoos on their faces are pictographical statements of this fact.]]
- Party in My Pocket: Literally; a "computerized" (read:Magic computers) system invented specifically for travelers, known as the Party System, allows several people to live, literally, in your pocket, and their metabolisms are slowed nearly to a halt. They are always aware of the world around them; and they can come back out at any time.
- Playboy Bunny: An entire race of them, all female. They reproduce with... each other, sort of. They tend to be either prostitutes or librarians.
- The Reveal: The scientist who kidnapped Li just before the events of the story was trying to exorcise her of a Kobold that doesn't mean to be an omen of doom. Therefore, it's up to the heroes to finish what he started. It doesn't end well.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: Tara and Lulu used to date. Lulu still holds a candle for Tara.
- Shy Blue Haired Person: Tara. [[spoiler:The blue hair is actually natural, though she's been taught to claim that it isn't.]
- Transsexual: Alice is a trans woman. Also, Cain, who used to be a Bunnygirl named Abel. He treats it as a non-issue and doesn't even plan on telling anyone until the Gender Bender Dungeon, where they notice he hasn't changed except his voice lowers.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: Cain's name to be Abel.
- White Magician Girl: Lulu, furthering her role as a foil for Tara. She eventually learns Mermaid-fu and her role in battle expands.
- Yan Dere: Lulu towards Tara, though to a mild degree.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Subverted with Lulu and Cain, who have both used hair dye. Played straight with the Mermaids and Eirnnians, who have hair in several different and bright shades of blue and green.
Tara ProzoaIt was then that I decided that I would be strong. I just don't want to get in anyone's way again...
Trying and failing at being a total Bad Ass
, she is feared by her peers and misunderstood by her elders. Nevertheless, she has cultivated a gentle side that, when she allows it to shine, melts even the coldest of hearts.
She has a degree in Black Magic from MAUS Academy, and hopes to become a mercenary.
LiThey say the moon is chased by wolves. They call the moon a coward. But I always thought it was brave. It uses its fear to shine light into the dark night.
An elven swordswoman from the neighboring dimension of Cattivashi. Calm and collected, but with a bit of a temper, she'll never hesitate to do what's right. She can be prickly and distant when you press her limits, but she is kind and loyal regardless.
Lulu CambiaI like giraffes. I just wish I knew what one was!
Childhood friend of Tara, she's spunky and hyperactive and knows what's what. Deep down she's a little lonely, but with Tara around she can deal with anything.
Has a degree in white magic from MAUS academy, and is a nurse at the local hospital.