A list of characters (and their Humongous Mecha) from the Toy and Anime series Zoids.Currently under construction. For the time being, the format is "Japanese name (dub name)".
open/close all folders
Debuted in Zoids (Zoids: Chaotic Century):
Ban Freiheit (Van Flyheight)Helic Republic. Son of a respected Helic army officer who died in an incident some time before the series proper began. He begins the series wandering around the ruins near his home, and after awakening a sleeping Organoid which he names "Sieg" (After his father's prized Command Wolf Zoid) and a Mysterious Waif who identifies herself as "Fiine", heads off on a journey to find "Zoid Eve" and restore Fiine's lost memories. Eventually, they get wrapped up in the fighting between the republic and the Guylos Empire. After helping settle the Empire's internal strife by way of dispatching Evil Chancellor Gunther Prozen, Ban is offered a spot in the Republican army and parts ways with Fiine, spending a year in training and significantly increasing his piloting skill.Reuniting with Fiine some time later, they get inducted into the joint Republican/Imperial "Guardian Force" and are charged with putting down insurgencies of terrorists who disapprove of the peace between the two nations, not knowing that these people are being manipulated from the shadows by a mysterious man named Hilz, whose true motives appear to simply be to cause as much chaos and widespread destruction as possible. Joining up with old and new allies, Ban eventually becomes a key player in stopping Hilz's machinations and Saving the World from the Death Saurer, a Forgotten Superweapon of immense power.Ban initially pilots the Shield Liger, an all-around Zoid specializing in the use of Deflector Shields, but towards the end of the first series, it is heavily damaged in combat against Raven's Geno Saurer and subsequently repaired/evolved by Fiine and Sieg, transforming it into the Blade Liger, which he uses for the rest of the series.Associated Tropes:
- Abnormal Ammo: Ban and his Blade Liger become this in Guardian Force's finale. Being shot out of the Ultrasaurus' Wave Motion Gun to take out the true Death Saurer.
- Ace Custom: His Shield Liger is powered-up by Sieg. As result, its Deflector Shields can block physical attack and even used to ram an enemy. Battle Story Shield Liger's shield is effective against energy attack only.
- Barrier Warrior: Shield Liger.
- Beehive Barrier: Shield Liger's namesake E-Shielder.
- Big Brother Mentor: Towards prince Rudolf.
- Cool Sword: The Blade Liger's Laser Blades.
- Facial Markings
- Heroic BSOD: A short one after Raven's Geno Saurer totals his Shield Liger.
- In the Blood: Van's father was something of an exceptional pilot as well, according to testimony from The Obi-Wan.
- Jack of All Stats: As far as Zoids go, the Shield Liger is a Jack extraordinaire.
- Kid Hero: In the original series.
- Mecha Expansion Pack: The Attack Boosters developed for the Blade Liger.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: From the Shield Liger to the Blade Liger in the first series.
- Parental Abandonment: Ban's father serving in defense of the Wind Colony. His mother is never mentioned. Instead, his elder sister Maria was PromotedToParent.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Ban/Bang/Van, Fleiheight/Freiheight/Flyhight
- Took a Level in Badass: In between the original series and Guardian Force
Sieg (Zeke)An Organoid (A type of smaller Zoid that can fuse with and repair and power-up the regular sort), Sieg was discovered by Ban sleeping in a stasis pod in some ruins. When Ban accidentally awakens him, the two immediately bond and Ban names him after the Command Wolf his father used. When they're attacked by the bandits who forced Ban to take refuge in the ruins in the first place, Sieg displays his abilities by taking Ban into his body, flying towards a derelict Shield Liger, entering it, and then resurrecting it. After dispatching the bandits, Sieg takes Ban back to the ruins, showing him that another stasis pod is there and prompting the awakening of the Mysterious Waif Fiine.Following this, Sieg serves a role as Ban and Fiine's Robot Buddy and trademark MacGuffin, sought after by numerous baddies and helping out Ban in battle by fusing with/repairing his Shield Liger, eventually working together with Fiine to evolve it into a Blade Liger following its destruction. Sieg remains by Ban's side throughout the entirety of the series.Although Sieg is initially the only reason Ban ever seems to defeat anybody, after the latter Took a Level in Badass, Sieg is usually held in reserve for whenever he's needed, acting as a walking Eleventh Hour Super Power.Associated Tropes:
- Amplifier Artifact
- Combining Mecha: Anything he combines with gets a significant boost in power and is generally repaired to near-perfect condition.
- Mac Guffin Robot
- People Jars: His introduction.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted; Zeke's eyes are normally this color, and he is the friendliest and most tame of the Organoids. It's when his eyes turn green (due to being driven temporarily feral by the Rare Hertz scrambling his circuits) that you need to watch out.
- Robot Buddy
- Facial Markings
- Mysterious Past
- Mysterious Waif
- Oracular Orphan
- People Jars: Was found in one.
- Plucky Girl
- The Ditz: Well, in the beginning anyways.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Salt. Lots and lots of salt.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has green hair in the manga.
Voiced by: Mitsuki Saiga
- Facial Markings
- Jerkass Woobie: Went through some terrible trauma in his childhood, but that doesn't excuse his nasty behavior later.
- Parental Abandonment: His parents were obsessed with studying Zoids, much to Raven's resentment, and this proves to be their undoing when they are ripped apart by an Organoid (Ambient).
- The Rival
Karl Lichen Schwarz (Karl L. Schubaltz)
Rudolf Gerhardt Zepplin III
Desert Alcavaledo Gang
Rosso / Red Mask (Baron Arabalone)
Viola / Violet Mask (Storm Sworder)
Gunter Prozen (Gunther Proitzen)
- Big Bad: Of Season 1
Debuted in Zoids: Guardian Force
Thomas Richard Schwarz (Thomas R. Schubaltz)
- Dark Chick
- Heel-Face Turn
- Spell My Name with an "S": Hoo boy, that's just the beginning. There's been Reese, Rize, Rease, Rhyss, Liese to name a few.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Debuted in Zoids: New Century
Rinon Toros (Leena Toros)
Ballad Hunter (Brad Hunter)
Jimmi Hemeros (Jamie Hemeros) / Wild Eagle
Voiced by: Mitsuki Saiga (Japanese), Bill Switzer (English)
- Ship Tease: With Brad.
Tigers Team (Zaber Fangs Team)
- All Love Is Unrequited: His crush on Leena.
- Butt Monkey
- Catch Phrase: He's a man destined to be king.
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Upper-Class Twit
Benjamin & Sebastian
- Bad Ass
- Bounty Hunter
- Pet the Dog: He loses a battle when he's working for Harry Champ, he expects no payment and promises to help him out again for free.
Voiced by: Kelly Sheridan (English)
Voiced by: Yukimasa Kishino (Japanese), Brian Drummond (English)
Voiced by: Lisa Ann Beley (English)
Judgeman (The Judge)
Voiced by: Scott McNeil (English)
Voiced by: Don Brown (English)
Dr. Leion (Dr. Laon)
Voiced by: Michael Dobson (English)
Voiced by: Alaina Burnett (English)
Voiced by: Ellen Kennedy (English)
Voiced by: Motoko Kumai (Japanese), Alex Doduk (English)
- Expy: of Raven.
Debuted in Zoids: Fuzors
Voiced by: Kenji Nojima
Voiced by: Chie Nakamura
Maskman (Helmut Titan)
Voiced by: Joji Nakata
Voiced by: Ayumi Tsunematsu
Voiced by: Koichi Tochika
Voiced by: Ryuzou Ishino
Voiced by: Kiyoyuki Yanada
Voiced by: Ayumi Tsunematsu
Voiced by: Tomokazu Seki
Voiced by: Kae Araki
Debuted in Zoids: Genesis
Voiced by: Hiromi Hirata
Voiced by: Takashi Matsuyama
Voiced by: Kimiko Koyama
Voiced by: Shizuka Ito
Voiced by: Kenta Miyake
Voiced by: Kissho Taniyama
Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda
The Invincible Gang
Voiced by: Chiaki Takahashi (A Kan)
Voiced by: Yasunori Matsumoto
Voiced by: Kouji Ishii
Souta / Gin
Debuted in Zoids: Silver Beast-Machine God Liger Zero
Allstar (Alster in Legacy)Allstar encounters the game's eponymous Liger Zero as it's fighting for its life against some Empire soldiers. He attempts to pilot it, as the Zoid has taken a liking to him. and ends up falling into a lost underground world with one of the soldiers. Shortly afterward, he meets Party, the village elder's granddaughter. Party identifies his Zero as the silver beast machine god, the only mecha that can defeat the resident Berserk Fury (a mecha dinosaur that...acts as its name suggests). They go on various quests through various ruins to find the Zero's three armors and do just that. Despite getting dubbed the underground world's savior along with his Liger buddy, Allstar stays surprisingly humble for a Zoids protagonist — he just did what he thought was right because he didn't want to let his newfound friends down.
Party (Palty in Legacy)Very energetic, Party has a habit of speaking in the third person, ending sentences with hearts, and calling things she likes "cool" and "awesome". These things are usually Allstar, the Zero, and large explosions. Initially following Allstar because she thinks his Liger is cool, Party very quickly becomes his friend, enjoying all their adventures and wanting to follow him back to the surface (and, yanno, she likes him - in fact, she says so. Twice, after kinda glomp-kissing him several times earlier). Surprisingly, she's often the more sensible of the two, though that's not saying very much.
SolidSolid and his Super Geno Saurer (basically a regular Geno Saurer with lots of [[BFG Buster Cannons]] on) serves as Allstar's rival-slash-reluctant-ally for a lot of the game, as Solid wants to take the Liger Zero back to the Empire but can't get to the surface alone. Of course, they end up having to team up proper to find the Liger's armors and defeat the Fury. While Solid and Allstar never stop bickering (mostly because Solid's a bit of an overserious jerk and Allstar likes winding him up, but occasionally because he's stuck playing the straightman to Party and Allstar's weirder moments), they seem to be more friendly about it by game's end, and Solid returns to the Empire promising they'll be enemies "next time" they meet. Sure.
Debuted in Zoids Saga
Fran Vogel (Flam Vogel)
debuted in Zoids VS.
debuted in Zoids Saga 2 (Zoids Legacy)
Yuno Hera (Juno Hera)
Debuted in Zoids VS. 2 (Zoids: Battle Legends)