Bomberman Online is a 2001 installment in the Bomberman franchise, released exclusively in North America for the Sega Dreamcast. As the name suggests it was made specifically for online multiplayer, introducing new game modes and extras to the series. The online servers were shut down in 2003 with no option for "direct dial" like its cousin Saturn Bomberman, though the game can still be played offline.There was also a 2004 Online PC game released in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau (sometimes called Online Bomberman) which was even closer to the original formula; its various servers would be discontinued between 2003 and 2007. Bomberman Online Japan was also launched in 2008, and the service ended June 2009.Needs more tropes
This game provides examples of:
- Adorable Evil Minions: Every boss has their own adorable mooks.
- Badass Adorable: The opening cutscene shows Bomberman practicing karate in a forest; it makes people go "awww" when they see it.
- Big Guy, Little Guy: The Bomber Brothers
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Thunder Bomber has a rather impressive pair of eyebrows.
- Cel Shading
- Dark Chick: Mermaid Bomber
- Evil Laugh: Thunder Bomber has a decent one when using his special attack.
- Mood Whiplash: When the Bomber Brothers are defeated, a cinematic plays of them desperately calling out to each other while writhing in pain from burning to death.
- Oh Crap!: Bomberman has one for every boss.
- Shout-Out: The opening and intro shows Bomberman wearing an orange suit similar to Goku's.
- Taken for Granite: Bomber Gunrock when you defeat him.