Character trope page for The Pirates of Dark Water
. Beware spoilers, ye swabs!
open/close all folders
The Wraith's Crew
- Dark-Skinned Blonde
- Good Is Dumb: Mostly averted, but Ren is only seventeen and sometimes gets taken for a fool by crafty one-off villains who play on his kindness.
- The Hero
- Hidden Backup Prince: Prince Ren was raised by a lighthouse keeper unaware of his true heritage until the first episode. Hiding him was proven a wise move, considering Bloth had killed Ren's father's other heirs.
- Magnetic Hero
- Action Girl: Even after she gets her ecomancer abilities, she's still consistently competent and remarkably tough.
- Closer to Earth: Leaving out the ecomancer powers, Tula is the only member of the crew who doesn't manage to screw up The Quest through some personal failing (Ren's innocence, Ioz' greed, Niddler's gluttony)
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Tula's ecomancer powers facilitated a great many plots. About the only thing she couldn't do was kill dark water.
- Pink Means Feminine
- Pirate Girl
The Maelstrom's Crew
- The Dragon: He's one of the cooler heads on the Maelstrom's crew and often advises Bloth, although the latter seems like he'd be happy to replace him of a better option came along.
- Fed to the Beast: Thrown to the Constrictus by Bloth numerous times. It's how he got his Pirate Pegleg.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Is the butt of one of these remarks in the episode Andorus.
Bloth: You've picked the wrong fight, girl! I have my top swordsmen with me.
Konk: Thank you, Master!
Bloth: And Konk, too.
The Dark Dweller and Thralls
The Dark Dweller